News Highlights: Illegal cell phone use by drivers on NSW regional roads higher than the state average as 60,000 fines are imposed
Road cameras targeting illegal cell phone use have so far resulted in nearly 60,000 fines for drivers across the regional New South Wales in the past year.
- Cell phone detection cameras were enforced across NSW in March 2020
- The cameras use artificial intelligence to detect illegal mobile phone use by drivers
- About one in 453 drivers has been fined for unlawful use of their devices, Transport for NSW said
Data from Transport for NSW has revealed that cell phone detection cameras in the state have monitored more than 25 million vehicles since they were enforced in March 2020.
The director of the Center for Road Safety, Bernard Carlon, said the …
Read more from Source
Copyright @ www.abc.net.au
- Check the latest Phone news updates and information.
- Please share this news Illegal cell phone use by drivers on NSW regional roads higher than the state average as 60,000 fines are imposed with your friends and family to support us your one share helps us a lot.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter if you need more updates like this.
For Latest News Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Trending News
- Popular By week