A Roundup of the Week’s Most Interesting Tech Industry Press Releases
Keeping up with the latest news and developments in the tech industry can be a challenge, especially with the sheer volume of press releases that are published each week. To help journalists and technology enthusiasts stay informed, PR Newswire has compiled a roundup of the most popular and newsworthy press releases from the past week. Let’s take a closer look at some of the highlights.
1. Cisco to Acquire Splunk: In an effort to enhance security and observability in an AI-driven world, Cisco announced its acquisition of Splunk. The combination of their capabilities is expected to drive the next generation of AI-enabled security measures.
2. Toyota Research Institute’s Breakthrough in Teaching Robots: Toyota Research Institute (TRI) has made significant progress in teaching robots new behaviors without writing any new code. TRI has successfully taught robots over 60 difficult skills using this innovative approach.
3. Lantern: A Microsoft-Focused Consultancy for the Age of AI: Lantern, a consultancy firm, aims to be at the forefront of digital innovation by introducing multimodal work styles that bring clarity and purpose to their consulting workplace.
4. Oracle and Uber Partner for Last-Mile Delivery Transformation: Oracle and Uber have collaborated on a joint solution that enables retailers to optimize their inventory management while providing customers with more delivery options, including scheduled and same-day deliveries.
5. Business Leaders Believe AI Will Create More Jobs than It Replaces: According to a survey conducted by Multiverse, over 1,000 business leaders in the US and UK believe that artificial intelligence will create more job opportunities than it replaces as companies continue to transform their workforce.
6. Burnout Leads to Data Breaches, Say IT Security Professionals: A shortage of cybersecurity professionals combined with burnout is posing a significant risk for businesses. According to estimates, burnout among IT security professionals contributes to data breaches in 83% of cases.
7. Red Bull Ford Powertrains Utilizes Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: By leveraging Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Red Bull Ford Powertrains (RBFPT) has been able to build a hybrid engine from scratch using digital simulations. This approach eliminates the need for a large-scale on-premises high-performance computing solution.
8. Secure Access to Online Documentation During Exams: Internet Testing Systems (ITS), Pearson VUE, and Microsoft have collaborated to provide candidates taking specialized Microsoft certification exams with secure access to online documentation through OnVUE.
9. Steady Progress in Cybersecurity, But Challenges Remain: A report by CompTIA reveals that while progress has been made in cybersecurity, organizations face challenges in finding the right balance between excessive measures and lax security protocols.
10. New Charging Station Design for Schools: PowerGistics has developed vertical charging stations that save space in classrooms while protecting devices and prolonging their lifespan, ultimately saving schools money on purchasing new devices.
11. Leidos Awarded $7.9 Billion US Army Contract: Leidos will provide AI and machine learning-based solutions to help the US Army address challenges such as obsolescence, cybersecurity, supply chain resilience, and counterfeit parts.
12. Millennium Space Systems’ VICTUS NOX Space Vehicle Achieves Rapid Operational Capability: Millennium Space Systems has demonstrated its ability to initialize and achieve mission readiness for its VICTUS NOX space vehicle within just 37 hours, marking a significant change in space operations.
These are just a few of the notable press releases from PR Newswire’s weekly roundup. To stay updated on industry news, journalists can create a personalized newsfeed through PR Newswire’s service for journalists. This allows them to receive relevant news directly in their inbox based on keywords, industry, topic, geography, and more.
Taking everything into account, staying informed about the latest tech industry developments is crucial for journalists and technology enthusiasts alike. PR Newswire’s weekly roundup of press releases provides a convenient way to stay up to date with the most interesting and newsworthy stories in the field. By following @PRNtech on Twitteryou can also receive timely updates on major press releases. So, don’t miss out on the latest tech news – make use of these valuable resources to stay informed and ahead of the curve.
It is widely mentioned that, this article is based on information provided by PR Newswire.