A Roundup of the Week’s Most Interesting Tech Industry Press Releases
Keeping up with the latest news and developments in the tech industry can be a challenge, especially with the thousands of press releases published each week. To help you stay informed, here is a roundup of some of the most interesting and newsworthy stories from PR Newswire.
1. Cisco to Acquire Splunk: In an effort to enhance security and observability in an AI-driven world, Cisco has announced its acquisition of Splunk. This collaboration aims to drive the next generation of AI-enabled security and observability.
2. Toyota Research Institute’s Breakthrough in Teaching Robots: Toyota Research Institute (TRI) has made significant progress in teaching robots new behaviors without writing any code. TRI has already taught robots over 60 difficult skills using this new approach, including pouring liquids and manipulating deformable objects.
3. Meet Lantern: A Microsoft-Focused Consultancy: Lantern is a consultancy that focuses on Microsoft technologies and aims to be a digital pioneer in the age of AI. With its immersive digital studio model, Lantern introduces multimodal work styles that bring clarity, sensitivity, and purpose to the consulting workplace.
4. Oracle and Uber Co-Innovate for Last-Mile Delivery: Oracle has partnered with Uber to transform last-mile delivery in retail. This joint solution allows retailers to rebalance inventory while offering customers more options for delivery, order pickup, and returns.
5. Business Leaders Believe AI Will Create More Jobs Than It Replaces: According to a survey by Multiverse, more than 1,000 business leaders believe that AI will create more jobs than it replaces. As companies face skills challenges and the need for workforce transformation, AI is seen as an opportunity rather than a threat.
6. IT Security Professionals Warn About Burnout Leading to Data Breaches: A shortage of cybersecurity professionals combined with burnout among existing professionals can lead to data breaches. Recent estimates put the shortage at 3.5 million, emphasizing the need to address burnout as a business problem that impacts data security.
7. Red Bull Ford Powertrains Uses Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Red Bull Ford Powertrains (RBFPT) leverages Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) to build a hybrid engine from scratch. OCI provides massive processing power for digital simulations, eliminating the need for a large-scale on-premises high-performance computing solution.
8. Online Documentation Access During Exams: Internet Testing Systems (ITS), Pearson VUE, and Microsoft have launched secure access to online documentation during exams. This feature allows candidates taking specialized Microsoft certification exams to refer to Microsoft Learn while navigating their exams.
9. Progress and Challenges in Cybersecurity: A new report by CompTIA highlights steady progress in cybersecurity but emphasizes the difficulty organizations face in finding the right balance between excessive measures and lax security. Finding this balance is crucial for Wholly progress and minimizing negative impacts.
10. New Charging Station Design for Schools: PowerGistics has designed a vertical charging station that saves space in classrooms while protecting devices and prolonging their lifespan. This design helps schools save money on purchasing new devices.
11. Leidos Awarded $7.9 Billion US Army Contract: Leidos has been awarded a contract by the US Army for tactical computing hardware worth $7.9 billion. With its AI and machine learning-based solutions, Leidos aims to help solve challenges related to obsolescence, cybersecurity, supply chain resilience, and counterfeit parts.
12. Millennium Space Systems’ Rapid Operationalization of Space Vehicle: Millennium Space Systems’ VICTUS NOX space vehicle can achieve mission readiness in just 37 hours, demonstrating a significant change in how we deliver and operate in space.
These are just some of the interesting press releases from PR Newswire that highlight the latest developments in the tech industry. To stay up-to-date with industry news, journalists can set up a personalized newsfeed with PR Newswire’s Public Relations News Service. This service offers personalization, access to multimedia resources, subject matter experts, and more.
As the tech industry continues to evolve rapidly, it is essential for journalists and media professionals to stay informed about the latest trends and innovations. By following PR Newswire’s tech news on Twitter (@PRNtech) and utilizing the resources available, journalists can ensure they don’t miss out on important stories in the ever-changing world of technology.