Originally, the business owner thought it would be some time before he’d be able to allow customers back in. “I cried on the way here from work because someone told me it had burned down. Then I got here and it was okay but yeah, yeah it was really sad,” said Ryan Cornelius, Scranton. But thanks to community support and fundraisers, the place was able to get back up and running weeks ahead of schedule.
After continue Must read these:
The bar and restaurant was forced to close on one of the busiest nights New Year’s Eve. “Oh, I love it here,” said Jenneca Samkonis, Plains.
The second story of the building accidentally caught fire while being repaired for minor leaks. All is right again inside the V Spot along Providence Road in Scranton.
Suggestion For You:
One patron set up a GoFundMe for employees while they were down and out. Bobby Ruddy is a long-time bartender here. Workers at the V Spot tell us they are completely overwhelmed with all of the community support but most importantly, they are happy to be back.
“We went to the benefit and everyone was there. Everyone was being supportive, giving donations. It was great,” said Samkonis. Customers are happy their help paid off.
The News Highlights
- Shops in Scranton reopen after fire
- Check the latest News news updates and information about business, finance and more.