Duguet added: “Singapore developed unique experience in naval combat contributing to Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag.” “What we have been doing to make sure they could really come strongly with Skull & Bones is we increased the associate studios that are working with them at the moment so there’s a good and big team now working on the game and the last 12 months have really been good in terms of the way things were coming along, so we are confident they can really bring something really exceptional for the market.” ORIGINAL STORY CONTINUES: Announced at E3 2017, Skull & Bones is the first title led by Ubisoft’s Singapore studio. It was originally scheduled for a late 2018 release but it has now been delayed in four consecutive years.
“We strongly believe in the team’s creative vision and they have been given an increasingly ambitious mandate for the game,” he said. “Production led by Singapore has been advancing well over the past 12 months and the promise is better than ever. The additional time will allow the team to fully deliver on its vision.” UPDATE: Chief financial officer Frédérick Duguet commented on the Skull & Bones delay during Ubisoft’s earnings call
CEO Yves Guillemot also said: “The Singapore studio has been developing for a long time a big part of the Assassin’s Creed franchise so it’s a really good studio. Ubisoft said the current fiscal year ending on March 31, 2022 will include the releases of Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine by September 30, plus Riders Republic, The Division Heartland and Roller Champions. “Skull and Bones will now be released in 2022-23,” it confirmed.
Pellen is a 20-year Ubisoft veteran who most notably wrote and directed 2003 shooter XIII and led level design for Splinter Cell’s first sequel, Pandora Tomorrow. “First and foremost, thank you to our fans for showing tremendous patience,” she wrote on Ubisoft’s website last year. “We know you’ve been waiting for news, so I’m thrilled to confirm this: production on Skull & Bones has been in full swing with a new vision. Pellen was brought in to steer the reboot, VGC first reported, replacing former creative director Justin Farren who later left the company.
Ubisoft said in September 2020 that it was pursuing a “new direction” with Skull & Bones. Confirming an earlier VGC exclusive, the game’s new creative director Elisabeth Pellen said Ubisoft Singapore had “dreamt something bigger” and that fans would see the game again sometime in 2021. Ubisoft has delayed Skull & Bones yet again.
The News Highlights
- Ubisoft postponed Skull & Bones once again
- Check the latest Gaming news updates and information about games.
- Please share this news with your friends and family to support us your one share helps us a lot.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, for similar updates.
For Latest News Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Trending News
- Popular By week