Parrot Security OS Review – Cloud Oriented Pentesting Distribution: Parrot Security operating system is a Debian-based Linux distribution built by the community Frozen box Network for cloud-oriented penetration testing. It’s a comprehensive, portable security lab that you should utilize for cloud pentesting, computer forensics, reverse engineering, hacking, cryptography and privacy/anonymity.
Parrot Security OS is a security oriented operating system designed for Pentesting, Computer Forensic, Reverse engineering, Hacking, Cloud pentesting, privacy/anonimity and cryptography
Cloud-oriented pentesting distribution Which is Based on Debian and developed by Frozenbox network.
Frozenbox network has forged good relations with all “pirate crew” – a gang of time wasting pirates drinking rum on a bridge of their ship. The name Parrot is inspired by a parrot who is a captain’s shoulder – certain element in all of the cartoons about pirates.
You can also read the full features and notable tools list from the Parrot Security OS below
TOP FEATURED TOOLS
Privacy & Cryptography
LUKS – truecrypt – veracrypt
Web Apps Analysis
Sniffing & Spoofing
And other 700+ more
The pre-installed tools in this distro are only for a small a part of all of the tools out there in our main repository, so when you want a non-listed tool, feel free to install it via our software center (Synaptic Package Manager) included in the system.
Parrot-Tools-Full (installs all of the tools provided by our repository)Parrot includes a set of meta packages to install further tools easily.
- Parrot-Tools-Arm (provides tools useful in an embedded environment)
- parrot-tools-cloud (provides tools included in the Cloud edition)
- parrot-meta-forensic (installs further forensic tools)
- parrot-meta-GPU (installs additional tools for GPU hashing)
- parrot-meta-pwr tools (installs additional tools for password cracking)
- parrot-meta-RFID (installs additional radio frequency analysis tools)
- parrot-meta-SDR (installs further software defined radio tools)
- parrot-meta-VoIP (installs further VoIP tools)
- parrot-meta-web (installs further web pentesting tools)
- parrot-meta-wireless (installs further tools for wifi cracking)
Official web: https://www.parrotsec.org
We hope that you’ll appreciate this distro as a lot as we did – and nonetheless are. Our tests proved it to be stable and ‘perfectly’-working – in addition to elegant, light-weight and powerful.
Now, we will dive into the installation process on next article↓
Next Article → #Click to know How To Install Parrot Security OS
In search of: parrot security os review, parrot security os, review of parrot security os
Lightweight and highly portable OS, less than 2Gb of ISO that contains only the core system. Perfect to create your own pentesting environment.