Best Electric Cars – The evolution of the electric car market has started. They are reaching rapidly to most of the countries around the world. With diesel and petrol coming under pressure from governments looking to reduce harmful elements, electric cars are increasingly looking to the future of motoring. From the beginning time of electric vehicles, most of the companies have improved their technology to compete with diesel and petrol motoring vehicles. Even they offer 7-seat variants for those who need space.
Here we are mentioning most demanding best electric cars in 2018.
Top 10 Electric Cars – List
1. BMW i3
- The car delivers a premium quality, surprising pace and little running costs. They can maintain the company’s rear-wheel drive tradition.
- The electric car uses a 168bhp electric motor under the boot floor. The motor is combined with a lithium-ion battery.
- It is also available with an optional 2-cylinder motorcycle engine that keeps the batteries topped up.
2. Renault Zoe
- It is Renault’s latest supermini stylish car.
- The company has gone in a big way among electric cars. Renault has jumped with both feet into the water of mass marketing in the field of electric cars.
- The car offers a zero emission powertrain.
- The Renault Zoe has acceptable performance, reasonable price, and well-equipped interior.
- The car’s motor develops 60bhp in eco mode and 87bhp in normal mode.
3. Tesla Model S
- If you are among the people, who say’s that electric cars cannot be luxurious and fast, then the Tesla Model S does both for such kind of rumors.
- The car comes fully packed with technology. This kind of technology has not seen in any production car before.
- It has a range of 311 miles. Buyers also have the options to choose from various models like the 60kHw battery with a 208-mile range or 80kHw battery with 311 miles.
4. VW e-Golf
- VW Golf is one of the best electric version hatchback cars in the world.
- e-Golf is a conventional car adapted for electric power.
- By using a rapid charger, you can charge this car at the office, home or at fuel stations.
- The new e-Golf can take you around 186 miles easily.
- Various kinds of options allow you to create your very own personal e-golf.
- The traffic jam assist system supports you while going to drive in a traffic area.
5. Nissan Leaf
- Nissan Leaf was the first car to go on sale in the UK.
- It was the 1st exclusively battery powered car to sell in the UK.
- It features a plenty of equipment for a comfortable ride.
- The car has ultra-low running cost and an upfront price. Say goodbye to costly oil changes and tune-ups.
- You can make the world a quieter place with the noise-free car. You can make it safer with surrounding safety checks.
6. Hyundai Ioniq
- Here is Hyundai’s 1st ever all-electric cars, which is named “The Ioniq.”
- The car concept is to take on Tesla Model 3 and Nissan Leaf.
- This electric car is powered by an electric motor coupled with 28kWh lithium-ion battery. It can produce 120bhp and 2181b ft torque.
- The car can go from zero to 62mph in just 9.9secs. The electric car top speed is 103mph.
7. Tesla Model X
- Tesla Company is owned by Elon Musks. This Model X is the company’s largest car in the range.
- The car occupies its space in the market. Model X is the only SUV with an electric powertrain.
- It carries the 5291lbs weight.
- It is one of the best sports SUVs. The car provides the all-wheel-drive system. It allows drivers to carry speed into corners unlike other SUVs available in the market.
8. Volkswagen e-up!
- Volkswagen has made an update to the car and made it refreshed.
- The car carries an 80bph electric motor under the bonnet sits. The motor is coupled to an 18.7kWh battery. It offers a claimed range of around 99 miles.
- From dedicated DC charging stations, it takes just 30mins. If you are powering the car at home with AC chargers, then it takes around 6 hours.
9. Smart ForTwo ED
- The electric car version of ForTwo can be a great alternative to the petrol and diesel version cars.
- It is the best incarnation of the compact two-seater car.
- It has a useful range of 100 miles. You can ride a plenty of short urban journeys.
- For a responsible ride, you have to give it a 2.5-hour charging only.
10. Nissan e-NV200 Combi
- .Nissan e-NV200 Combi is a seven seater electric car.
- The passenger floor contains a 24kHw lithium-ion battery pack.
- The company claims about the range of around 110 miles on fully charged.
- It carries an 80kW electric motor and drives the front wheels.
EVs have their advantages and disadvantages like the internal combustion engine. You’ll need at least half an hour connected to a high-voltage power supply to get any significant charge back into the battery. Plugging in an EV to charge is quite a mess-free affair. It’s just simple like charging any device you have. So you can move towards electric car world.