We present you how to transfer contacts from a BlackBerry to 1 iPhone in a number of situations; from a new BlackBerry 10 machine to a new iPhone 6 or later, or from an older BlackBerry phone to an iPhone. The course of is more concerned than you may assume, however, our ideas additionally work for iOS 8, 9 and 10 and earlier variations of iOS.
Many of us use an iPhone as our private phone, however, are typically saddled with a BlackBerry by our employers. To use just 1 handset, you will need to set up work e-mail in your iPhone. And you want to transfer your corporation contacts from your BlackBerry to your private iPhone – right here we present you how.
Also see: How to change from an previous iPhone to a new iPhone | Transfer music from 1 iPhone to 1 other | How to transfer contacts, music and photos from Windows Phone to iPhone | How to go from Android to iPhone
Transfer contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone: Google Apps & Google Sync
Like we stated in our piece on transferring contacts from Android to iPhone, as soon as your contacts are in your Google account, you might have them from virtually any machine. Unfortunately, with BlackBerry, you’ll be able to not use the next methodology except you pay for Google Apps for Business. Obviously, you in all probability will not be doing this by yourself because of this, but when your company makes use of Google Apps, the next ought to work:
- On your BlackBerry, go to m.google.com/sync. Download the google sync app when prompted.
- Launch the app and enter your Google account username and password – when you’ve got a Gmail account, that is this login. If you do not have a Google account (and it might shock us), setting it up is free. Just open a Gmail account – you do not have to use it for e-mail.
- Now choose ‘Sync now’. Copy your contacts to your Gmail account.
- Go to your iPhone. Choose Settings; Email, contacts, calendars. Now press Add account and select Microsoft Exchange – you want to enter this e-mail account as an Exchange account to totally sync contacts. Enter your Gmail deal with the place it asks for e-mail and once more the place it asks for username. Enter your Gmail password. Press Next.
- Now browse to the ‘Server’ area and kind m.google.com. Set ‘Sync’ to Yes beneath each ‘Contacts’ and ‘Calendars’.
Your contact data is now in your iPhone (in addition to your Gmail account, do you have to want to entry it from your PC).
See additionally: How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Transfer contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone: use Mac or PC
Now we present you how to transfer contacts from older BlackBerry to iOS in case you sync your iPhone together with your Mac. You can use the BlackBerry Desktop software program app for this. You can download BlackBerry Desktop for Mac right here. Then join your BlackBerry to your Mac and begin the BlackBerry Desktop software program. There can be a PC model of the BlackBerry desktop software program. The course of works in precisely the identical approach.
In the BlackBerry desktop, go to Device, Backup, after which again up your BlackBerry. This will save your contacts to your Mac (or PC).
Now join your iPhone to your Mac and launch iTunes. Scroll down and choose ‘Info’ after which check the field subsequent to ‘Sync contacts’. The subsequent time you sync your iPhone to your Mac, your contacts will sync to your iPhone – and also you’re achieved!
Of course, you could not repeatedly sync your iPhone with a Mac or a PC. And your BlackBerry could also be set up to forestall you from backing up to your space computer. Fortunately, there may be 1 other approach … Visit our iPhone spot for more iPhone ideas.
Transfer contacts from the BlackBerry 10 phone to a new iPhone
Since we weren’t a Google Apps for Business subscriber, we have been unable to use the above methodology to work on our BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Passport. And BlackBerry 10 phones do not include BlackBerry Desktop software program. Instead, they bundle BlackBerry Link, which does not provide the identical perform.
The solely great way to transfer contacts from the BlackBerry Z10 was to use InTouch – a free app that you may get from BlackBerry World, add your contacts, after which install on different gadgets. InTouch helps iOS and Android, in addition to older Nokia Bada phones. And you’ll be able to install a beta of the app in your desktop browser. Sounds nice proper? Well it’s. And it really works for all Blackberry’s in addition to these different phones.
Think of it as Dropbox for contacts. If anybody is aware of a greater approach to transfer contacts from BlackBerry 10 handsets, I’d love to hear them! Let me know within the feedback under, or @mattjegan.
- Download and install the app. Accept the phrases.
- Create an account. Press Register after which enter your title, e-mail deal with, mobile quantity and a username and password. Then press Register once more.
- The app will now download your contacts from the BlackBerry. And that is it. Install InTouch on another machine or entry your account by way of a desktop browser and you may use all of your contact data. Indeed replace your account in every single place and it’ll sync with all of your gadgets.