About 350 million devices at the moment are running Windows 10, based on numbers from Microsoft, with the corporate claiming it has the very best reported buyer satisfaction of any Windows operating system. In addition to celebrating the successes of Windows 10, which embody approximately 135 billion hours of use since the OS launched, Microsoft has additionally taken the chance to announce lastly when its Anniversary Update will appear: 2 August 2016, when the OS is one year and four days old.
Anniversary Update might be download without cost to existing Windows 10 users, however, there’s now less than a month for people to upgrade from Windows 7 or 8/8.1 to Windows 10. After this time it should value about $133 to upgrade.
Some of the features you may encounter in the latest update
- Newly, pre-installed Messaging and Skype Video apps Improved the menus.
- Colored title bars for apps, an Additional column of tiles for Start menu.
- Capacity to ship textual content messages via Cortana. (when you’ve got a Windows 10 cell phone)
- Improvements to Microsoft Edge, together with tab preview.
- Windows Hello might be built-in via Microsoft Edge, which is able to allow customers to log into numerous providers and accounts by face or biometrics.
- Cortana is coming to the Windows 10, whereas it’ll additionally provide the option to shut down Windows 10 devices.
- Users can even be capable of performing complicated tasks like ‘send that PowerPoint I worked on last evening’ to a contact.
- The update is free to all present Windows 10 users. We’d expect and official and the everlasting announcement from Microsoft quickly.
Improvement In Microsoft Edge
When Microsoft launched Windows 10, it already dumped the browser Internet Explorer, which was Windows’ default browser in support of its new Edge browser. The company additionally promised that Edge would be capable of using extensions — and that may lastly occur in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Use of extensions was turned on within the earlier preview. However, they had been very clearly a work in progress.
Biometric Security through Window Hello
Windows Hello allows you to simply sign into your system with enterprise-grade security. But, research shows that over 80% of people use the same password throughout a number of websites, managing around 20-30 totally different accounts requiring passwords. With this Windows 10 Anniversary Update, it attainable for us to use the same simple, but strong, security of Windows Hello for Microsoft Edge and apps, the primary and solely browser to natively assist biometrics, with supporting websites.
We hope you enjoyed the article “Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Release Date“ Stay tuned for more Updates.