Shopify is, as of today, one of the best eCommerce platforms powering millions of eCommerce sites.
However, as with any eCommerce website, Shopify sites are also prone to various data entry needs, and routine data entry processes from uploading new product photos to inputting new product descriptions to updating prices remain some of the biggest challenges in running an eCommerce website.
Not only they are often time-consuming and repetitive, but a simple error in these data entry processes can lead to various long-term financial and reputational damages.
This is why Oworkers data entry outsourcing is now a viable option sought after by so many different eCommerce stores, and in this guide, we will walk you through how you can outsource your Shopify data entry processes to reduce 40% to 60% of your operating costs while also freeing your valuable staff from the repetitive data entry tasks.
Without further ado, let us begin.
Challenges In Performing Your Shopify Data Entry In-House
While it’s certainly possible to carry out your data entry tasks by yourself or with the help of an in-house team, you are going to face various challenges, especially due to the wide variety of data that needs to be inputted to a Shopify eCommerce store.
These various data entry tasks and other forms of data management (extraction, conversion, etc.) can be time-consuming and might hinder your business processes. When your data is incomplete or inaccurate, you are bound to make inefficient decision making, which can lead to various other issues like inaccurate decisions, inconsistent processes, and others.
With that being said, here are some of the most common challenges of executing your data entry tasks in-house:
- Your employees might be required to shift their focus from their core competencies, leading to inefficiencies
- Your staff’s valuable time and resources might be utilized in carrying out the repetitive and time-consuming data entry and data processing process, so you can use them for core business tasks that may help your business grow
- You may need to invest in tools and infrastructure to execute the data processing, as well as additional costs on employee training
- No guarantee of implementing the needed changes
- No guarantee of meeting the deadline, which may result in further delays
Different Types of Data Entry Tasks for Shopify Sites
As we know, running an eCommerce store may require a complex set of data entry and data processing, including but not limited to:
- Product Data Entry
An obvious necessity for Shopify stores and product data entry tasks may include:
- Adding and optimizing product titles and descriptions
- Listing key features and specifications of the product as attractive as possible
- Ensuring products are listed in the right categories (sub-categories)
- Ensuring product prices are accurate and up-to-date
- Online catalog data entry
2. Images and Photos Data Entry
Often the most challenging aspect of Shopify data entry and the image data entry tasks can include:
- Capturing/designing high-quality photos and images
- Indexing photos and images
- Merging images
- Product photos optimization and editing
- Converting image files in bulk
- Tagging photos and images
3. Purchase Order and Invoice Data Entry
Converting paper-based purchase orders and sales invoices into digital format, as well as managing all the data entry work related to purchasing and sales (debit and credit memos, document management, etc. )
4. Form Processing
Transferring data that is stored in paper-based forms into digital forms, such as legal, insurance, shipping, medical, and other forms.
5. Data Conversion
Converting particular data files from one format to another, like image conversion, document conversion, PDF conversions, and so on.
What You Can Expect From Outsourcing Shopify Data Entry
- Access to a well-trained and often cheaper pool of resources for data entry and data processing
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy of data, eliminating the risks of errors
- Outsourcing will improve your business operation’s cost-efficiency by reducing hiring costs, minimizing the needs for regular training, and the needs of investing in technological infrastructure
- Allowing employees to focus on their core competencies so they can contribute more to growing your business
- Faster turnaround time and ensuring your data processing stay on-time and on-budget
- Use of latest technology and infrastructure to ensure fast and accurate Shopify data entry and processing
- Scalability and flexibility, the data entry service provider can ‘follow’ you as your Shopify store scales
- Better data security and integrity while including specialized processes like data indexing
How To Choose The Right Shopify Data Entry Outsourcing Partner
When choosing between different possible Shopify data entry partners, it’s very important to first analyze your current data entry processes across various departments and consider the following factors:
- Your budget: how much are you willing to pay for outsourcing your Shopify data entry
- Customization: your Shopify store is obviously unique, and you should assess whether the data entry service provider of your choice has the capability to cater to your unique flow.
- Manpower needs: the bigger your data entry workload is, the more manpower you need. Check whether the outsourcing service provider has the capacity to handle your workload.
- Security: make sure the data entry service provider understood the importance of data security, privacy, and integrity; and have taken the necessary steps in ensuring your Shopify store’s data security
- Technology infrastructure: whether you’ll need specific software and tools for your eCommerce data entry needs.
- Turnaround time: you might or might not need the data entry process to be done quickly.
- Customer support: your preferred methods of communication, and whether 24/7 customer support is a necessity for you
- Scalability: if you plan to scale your Shopify store, you’ll want a service provider that can ‘follow’ you.
When choosing between a Shopify data entry service provider, it’s very important to first assess your data entry needs including your eCommerce store’s unique data flow. This way you can choose a data entry partner that can cater to your store’s unique needs.
While choosing between different data entry services can be quite daunting, you can get the right insights by doing your research and understand your own needs so you can have the right expectations for your outsourcing partner.
Want to learn more about how you can easily outsource your catalog data entry? Contact Oworkers right away to get a free quote for your catalog data entry outsourcing project.