Unknown Facts About Wikipedia – Today Wikipedia is everyone’s favorite site on the internet. As we know Wikipedia is a free-access, free-content Internet encyclopedia, hosted by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Those who can access the site can edit most of its articles, with the hope that they follow the website’s policies. Wikipedia is ranked among the ten most popular websites. Today we are discussing some unknown facts about Wikipedia.
Unknown facts about Wikipedia – List
1. 50% of Wikipedia’s traffic actually comes from Google.
2. In Wikipedia, sex is the most popular tag in all languages except French and Spanish.
3. The whole Wikipedia library is operated by just 35 employees. (2014 Data)
Note: The foundation has 400-500 employees now (2020 Data)
4. Wikipedia Headquarters is situated in San Francisco
5. Wikipedia site has more than 6884 million page view each year.
6. The English Language Wikipedia has more than 3+ Million Articles.
7. One of the most active editors of Wikipedia is Richard Farmbrough that has edited more than 750.000 articles on Wikipedia!
Don’t miss: How to Download Whole Wikipedia Offline
8. There are currently 285 languages registered on Wikipedia. But, English, German and French is the top 3 famous languages on Wikipedia.
9. Wikipedia is a combination of the words Wiki which means- A shared website and media is a shortened form of an encyclopedia.
10. In 2006, the users of Wikipedia who edited the site were named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.
11. Wikipedia was launched on 15 January 2001 by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger. With greater than 21 million articles, that’s close to 2 million new articles every year!
12. Wikipedia claims to have approx 325 million readers, meaning there are 21 users to every article on the website.
So above is all about Unknown facts about Wikipedia- You don’t know. I I hope you like it so please don’t forget to share this post with others.
Also Read: The Best learning management systems