Do you find how to Fix ‘QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing’ Issue? QuickBooks from Intuit is a piece of accounting software that has become an indispensable resource for small and medium-sized organisations. It provides innovative solutions for the management of personal and business finances. On the other hand, customers could occasionally have an irritating issue in which QuickBooks suddenly and unexpectedly closes without provide any prior notice. This issue has the potential to result in the loss of data, delays in daily tasks, and a great deal of annoyance.
In this extensive blog post, we will investigate the myriad of possible reasons for this issue, as well as offer strategies to unfreeze QuickBooks and guarantee that your financial management will continue to function without any interruptions. When QuickBooks Desktop crashes, it can be quite frustrating; however, there are a few actions that you can do to troubleshoot the problem and find a solution to it. The following are some common solutions that can be used how to Fix ‘QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing’ Issue.
Causes of the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing’ Issue
- Software Incompatibility: QuickBooks may experience crashes if it is incompatible with other installed software or operating system updates.
- Corrupted Company File: A damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file can lead to frequent crashes.
- Incomplete Installation: Issues during the installation process, such as incomplete or corrupted installation files, can result in crashes.
- Outdated QuickBooks Version: Running an outdated version of QuickBooks may cause compatibility issues with the operating system or other software.
- Damaged QBWUSER.INI File: Corruption in the QBWUSER.INI file can contribute to the crashing problem.
- Data Integrity Issues: Errors in the data structure or database integrity problems may trigger crashes in QuickBooks.
- Hardware Problems: Insufficient hardware resources, hardware conflicts, or failing hardware components can lead to instability.
How to Fix ‘QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing’ Issue
- Open QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the ‘Help‘ menu.
- Select ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Click ‘Update Now.’
- After the update, restart QuickBooks and check if the crashing persists.
Verify System Requirements
- Check QuickBooks system requirements on the official website.
- Upgrade your system components if needed, such as RAM or processor.
Run QuickBooks Repair Tool
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download and run the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool‘ from the official Intuit website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
Review Event Viewer Logs
Windows + Rto open the Run dialog.
- Type ‘eventvwr.msc‘ and press Enter.
- Navigate to ‘Windows Logs’ > ‘Application.’
- Look for QuickBooks-related errors or warnings.
Disable Antivirus and Firewall Temporarily
- Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall.
- Open QuickBooks and check for stability.
- If this resolves the issue, add QuickBooks as an exception in your security software.
Create a New Windows Admin User
- Create a new Windows admin user.
- Log in with the new user.
- Open QuickBooks to see if the problem persists.
- Uninstall QuickBooks through ‘Control Panel.‘
- Download the latest version from the official website.
- Install QuickBooks and activate it.
QuickBooks Desktop has effectively demonstrated its value by providing organisations with benefits. These benefits include the simplifying of accounting procedures. As a result of its ability to help accountants properly manage their time and assist them in completing their accounting chores in a timely manner, it has also emerged as a significant relief for accountants.
Questions and Answers
Why does QuickBooks desktop keep crashing?
In the event that the hard drive on which your company files are kept sustains damage, it may result in QuickBooks crashing at the time of opening the company file error. The desktop version of QuickBooks keeps crashing because the QuickBooks programme files are corrupted or because the installation source is not valid. The QuickBooks opens and disappears error is another possible consequence of this.
How do I fix QuickBooks not opening?
Continue to hold down the Ctrl key, and then double-click the icon that represents QuickBooks Desktop. The Ctrl key should not be released until the No Company Open window appears, QuickBooks freezes, or you receive an error message. This is an important point to keep in mind. Make a selection of a company file, and then select Open.
What is a desktop crash?
The term “crash to desktop” refers to the situation that occurs when a programme, typically a video game, suddenly terminates without warning, bringing the user back to the desktop in an abrupt manner. Generally speaking, the word is exclusively used to describe crashes in which there is no error shown; hence, the desktop is the only thing that the user sees as a result of the crash.