In this article we will discuss about how to fix ‘WhatsApp Screen Sharing Not Working’ issue. Meta has been adding new features to its very popular social messaging app WhatsApp for the past few years to make it even better for its users. The big company from Menlo Park finally made it possible for users of its iPhone, Android, and Windows apps to share their screen during WhatsApp video calls. Even though the feature is available to everyone and works fine for most people, some users have had problems with WhatsApp screen share not working or not showing on their devices.
So, if you are one of the frustrated users who knows that you can now share your screen with your WhatsApp friends or coworkers but can’t do it on your device, this article should help you out. In this detailed guide, we’ve tried to cover and fix every possible problem that could make WhatsApp screen share not work or stop the new feature from showing up on your phone or desktop. Make sure to read this article all the way how to fix ‘WhatsApp Screen Sharing Not Working’ issue on your iPhone, Android, or Windows device right now.
What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp, which is also called WhatsApp Messenger, is a popular freeware service for instant messaging (IM) and voice-over-IP (VoIP). It is owned by the US tech company Meta Platforms and provides a central place for people to talk to each other. This flexible app lets you send voice, text, and video messages and make voice and video calls. Users can also share images, documents, user locations, and other types of content.
|Text messaging||Send and receive text messages, photos, videos, and documents.|
|Voice calls||Make and receive voice calls over Wi-Fi or cellular data.|
|Video calls||Make and receive video calls over Wi-Fi or cellular data.|
|Group chat||Create groups of up to 256 people to chat and share photos, videos, and documents.|
|Status updates||Share your status with your contacts, such as what you’re doing or how you’re feeling.|
|Disappearing messages||Send messages that disappear after they’re read.|
|Google Play Store||Download Now|
|iOS Store||Download Now|
As a cross-platform service, the WhatsApp client application can be used on both mobile devices and computers. This makes it easier to use and more accessible. People must sign up with a cellular mobile phone number in order to use the service. WhatsApp can be used for more than just personal messages. In January 2018, the platform added a separate app for businesses called WhatsApp Business. This app lets businesses talk to their customers through the standard WhatsApp client, which makes the conversations more efficient and professional.
Causes of the ‘WhatsApp Screen Sharing Not Working’ issue
- App Version Incompatibility: Ensure that both you and the person you’re trying to screen share with are using the latest version of WhatsApp. Incompatible app versions can lead to screen sharing issues.
- Device Compatibility: Screen sharing may not work on all devices or operating systems. Ensure that your device and the recipient’s device support WhatsApp’s screen sharing feature.
- Permissions: Make sure that WhatsApp has the necessary permissions to access your device’s screen. Check the app’s permissions settings on your phone and grant it access to the screen if required.
- Internet Connection: A stable and fast internet connection is crucial for screen sharing. Poor or unstable network connections can cause issues with screen sharing, including freezing or low-quality sharing.
- Screen Recording Restrictions: Some devices have restrictions on screen recording for security or privacy reasons. Check if your device has any such restrictions that might be affecting screen sharing.
- Background Apps: Background apps or processes running on your device can interfere with screen sharing. Close unnecessary apps running in the background to ensure smoother screen sharing.
How to fix ‘WhatsApp Screen Sharing Not Working’ issue
Run Network Troubleshooter
- Pressing the Windows Key and the letter I will open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on the System button on the left side of the screen, then click on the Troubleshoot button. This will show you all the possible ways to fix the problem.
- Here, you’ll find different ways to run the network and internet troubleshooter. Click on the link that says “Other troubleshooters.”
- Next to the Network and Internet option, click the Run button. This option will check all of the possible reasons why the internet connection might not be working.
- Wait until the troubleshooter is done to figure out any problems with the network.
- When you’re done troubleshooting, you’ll see a window like the one below. Here, you can find out if there are any problems with the network and how to fix them.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Since WhatsApp needs an active internet connection to work well, and since screen sharing during video calls needs a stable connection in particular, it’s important to make sure your connection is stable.
- In this case, you might want to check with your internet service provider to see if the network your iOS, Android, and Windows 11 devices are connected to is down.
- Make sure your device is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network as well. This step will make sure that sharing your screen during a WhatsApp call goes smoothly.
Check WhatsApp Server Status
- 1. Open any browser and go to https://downdetector.com.
- Now, look for *WhatsApp* and choose it from the list of results.
- If you notice that the WhatsApp servers in your area are down, there’s not much you can do but wait for them to be fixed by WhatsApp.
Restart Your Device
- Find the Windows icon at the bottom of your screen and click on it.
- Now, click on the Power icon, and from the menu that comes up, choose Restart.
- By restarting, you can get rid of temporary bugs and often fix small problems with the screen-sharing feature of WhatsApp. If this doesn’t work, though, you can try the next step.
Update WhatsApp Desktop App
- On your Windows 11 device, open the Microsoft Store.
- To do this, search for “Microsoft Store” in Windows and open it.
- Type WhatsApp into the search box and press Enter to find it.
- If there is an update, you will see a button that says “Update.” If you click on it, the update will begin.
After months of testing, WhatsApp now has a way to share your screen. It was first available to beta testers, but now Android, iOS, and Windows users will be able to use it as well. The feature on WhatsApp that lets you share your screen works pretty well, but not all users like it. Some people say that the WhatsApp screen share doesn’t work or doesn’t show. We have talked in this article about a quick way to solve this problem.
Questions and Answers
Check with the maker of your device to make sure that both it and its operating system can share the screen. If you can’t connect, make sure that all of your devices are on the same network. In many cases, both the device and the display need to be on the same network in order to connect and start sharing.
When wireless display technology like Miracast is used for screen mirroring, a direct wireless connection is made between the device sending the image and the device receiving it. So, you don’t need Wi-Fi or the internet to show what’s on your phone screen on your smart TV.
The best way to find this is to swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings menu and look for the casting or screen sharing option. Place your Android device close to your TV, and then on a Samsung phone, tap the Smart View setting or a similar setting on another phone.