Do you could have a brand new HomePod? Do you need to reset your outdated one? Wondering whether it is attainable to set up a HomePod with an iPad? Or in the event you want WiFi? Here is every little thing you want to know to set up your HomePod.
What you want to set up a HomePod
You are going to set up your HomePod by way of an app in your iPhone (or one other iOS system), so you have to full the next steps earlier than you start:
- Ensure that the most recent model of iOS is working in your iPhone, iPad or iPod contact.
- Log in to iCloud in your iOS system.
- You should additionally allow iCloud Keychain and set up two-factor authentication. (We clarify right here how to set up and use two-factor authentication, and right here is why you need to set up iCloud Keychain).
- Search for the Home app and the Music app in your iOS system. These are normal, however when you have deleted them prior to now, it’s possible you’ll want to download them from the App Store.
- Turn on Bluetooth in your iOS system.
- Make certain your iPhone, iPad or iPod is linked to your Wi-Fi community. Note: You might expertise issues setting up your HomePod in case your native community has a firewall.
You do not have to subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, however in the event you do, you should have entry to a lot more music and you may take full benefit of Siri’s voice controls.
Set up HomePod
Now that you’ve accomplished the above steps, together with turning on Bluetooth and connecting to WiFi, you’re prepared to set up your HomePod.
- The very first thing to do is the place to place your HomePod … Place the HomePod on a strong floor. Apple says you may place it The Best way you need, as a result of the sensible expertise within the system adjusts the sound to the situation. However, we now have been informed that it’s best if the re’s a minimal distance of 6 inches between the system and a wall.
- As quickly as your HomePod is linked, you’ll hear a sound sign and a white mild will come on (if you don’t see the white mild, press the highest of your HomePod).
- When you join your HomePod, it ought to instantly acknowledge (and be acknowledged) your iOS system. You ought to see a warning seem in your iPhone, iPad or iPod contact. If you do not see the alert in your iOS system, unlock it and place it subsequent to the HomePod. check that you’ve accomplished all of the steps within the part above. If that fails, see what you must do in case your HomePod and iOS system don’t talk beneath.
- If that message seems in your iPhone, you may faucet the Conclusion: set. To do.
- You can now select a room identify to point out the place the HomePod is positioned. This isn’t as a result of the re’s a distinction in how the HomePod is set up for the room, but it surely lets which HomePod is which on the community when you have more than one (as a result of we’re all going to purchase 5 of them). The rooms additionally come within the Home app in your iOS system.
- The subsequent step is to allow private requests. You might want to do that in the event you like the concept of asking Siri in your HomePod to ship and textual content messages, add reminders, and take notes. Keep in thoughts that so long as your iPhone is on the identical community because the HomePod, anybody can ask Siri on the HomePod to and reply to your textual content messages. So you won’t need to allow the function in the event you reside in a shared home or in the event you suppose the youngsters would possibly discover it humorous to textual content your boss. Choose to allow Personal Requests, or, in the event you favor, do not faucet Now. (For a listing of issues you may ask Siri to this).
- You should then agree to the General Terms and Conditions.
- You can then switch all info about your account and settings, reminiscent of Wi-Fi passwords and iTunes Match or Apple Music account info, by tapping Transfer Settings. Tap Transfer Settings and the HomePod performs a tone and begins linking and synchronizing all of your settings. This can take round a minute.
- You shall be requested to enter your Apple ID password.
- Finally, Siri will say hi the re. You see a display screen with an thought of some issues you may ask Siri, reminiscent of “Hey Siri, play some music” or “Hey Siri, tell me the news”. You can ask what the climate is like. How lengthy it takes earlier than you get to work. And assuming you could have HomePackage-compatible gadgets, you may ask: “Hey Siri, turn off the light” or “Hey Siri, close the blind”.
: How to use HomePod.
Here you may how to set up your HomePod to play music from Spotify and Amazon by way of AirPlay.
How to reset HomePod
If you want to reset your HomePod (comply with our directions right here to reset HomePod right here), you have to reset HomePod.
You can comply with the steps above to set up the Apple speaker. However, if you don’t acknowledge it and link it instantly after you reset HomePod, we advocate that you simply comply with these steps.
- Open the Home app in your iOS system.
- Tap the +
- Choose Add accent.
We often discover that this speeds up the method whereby the gadgets acknowledge one another.
Set HomePod to acknowledge your voice
If you have aly got a HomePod, it’s possible you’ll miss some new options. For instance, iOS 13 purchased the choice for HomePod to acknowledge your voice.
To benefit from the flexibility to set your HomePod to acknowledge your voice, you have to use iOS 13.2 in your iPhone. As lengthy as your iPhone software program is up-to-date, the HomePod software program must be – however you may check right here how to replace your HomePod software program.
After the replace the following time you open your Home app, you will note a message that HomePod can acknowledge your voice.
This is a brand new function in iOS 13 that addresses the problem with earlier editions the place everybody had entry to your private info by way of Siri, reminiscent of calendar appointments, textual content messages, and many others. Now that HomePod can acknowledge your voice, this additionally signifies that completely different folks within the family can use these to play their very own music as a substitute of sharing a music library.
- Start Setting HomePod to acknowledge your voice by opening the Home app.
- Tap Continue.
- Then you to educate Siri your voice. You should faucet “Set Hey Siri”
- You are requested to ask completely different Hey Siri questions, reminiscent of what the climate is like, and to play some music.
- You can then select whether or not you need to use Siri and voice recognition to and ship messages, make calls, create reminders, and more (these capabilities solely work in case your iPhone is close by). Tap Use private requests.
How to modify your HomePod settings
- To check your HomePod settings, go to the Home app in your iOS system.
- Hold down the HomePod icon.
- Tap the Settings gear within the decrease proper nook.
- Here you may change varied settings in your HomePod. You can swap rooms, select whether or not to embody the system in Favorites in Control Center, modify any alarms that you’ve set, log out of your Apple ID and select whether or not to embody express content material (helpful if the youngsters will use the system) and swap on Sound management. You can use Listening History, which signifies that the music you need to play on the HomePod can have an effect on your Apple Music suggestions (when you have set your HomePod to acknowledge your voice, these suggestions must be linked to your personal account, relatively than to your account the listening habits of youngsters who affect them).
- You can disable Hey Siri and Location Services. There are accessibility choices (for instance, voice-over).
- You even have the choice to take away Accessory, which is helpful in the event you resolve issues with HomePod (more on that beneath).
Set up HomePod to work with out WiFi
We have a tutorial right here on how to use your HomePod with out WiFi, which is helpful in order for you to use a HomePod at a celebration the place there isn’t any WiFi. But to summarize:
- Tap the cottage within the higher left nook.
- Scroll to Allow Speaker Access.
- Change the setting to Everyone. This ought to make it attainable for everybody to play music by way of AirPlay in your HomePod, so long as they’re shut sufficient to the system.
- Now you may use the system as a stand-alone AirPlay / Bluetooth speaker (though the sensible performance is lacking). You simply have to preserve the iPhone’s Wi-Fi switched on in order that it could actually ‘see’ the HomePod.
- Find the track or playlist you need to play and faucet the AirPlay icon (the triangle with circles above it).
- Now you may select between the HomePod and different gadgets with AirPlay (reminiscent of an Apple TV).
We even have a separate article about what HomePod does.