The debate between Windows and Mac shouldn’t be new, however, now more than ever individuals are noticing working between the 2 working methods, whether or not for work or play. We also can assume that those that work between the 2 platforms will take their work with them, and that is the place potential issues come up. While Pages for Mac can open .docx and .doc files, Microsoft Word doesn’t acknowledge .pages files, making opening and modifying .pages files on Windows a frightening activity. Or is it?
While it might not be as simple as on macOS to open a .docx file with Pages, the re’s a approach to open, edit, and even export .pages files on a Windows PC – and depart it right here we’ll present you how (together with some useful recommendation on how to keep away from the identical state of affairs sooner or later).
You May Also Like: macOS Sierra Tips | How to install Windows on Mac How to join an iPhone to a Windows PC | Share files between Mac and Windows 10
How to open and edit .pages files on Windows
Now let’s sort out the duty: open and edit .web page files on Windows. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as double-clicking the file and opening it in Microsoft Word or different textual content modifying software program. But so long as you have got entry to (or need to entry) an Apple ID and a web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer, the excellent news is the re’s a approach to open, edit and even re-export .pages. files as Word-friendly paperwork on Windows.
1) On your Windows PC, open the web browser of your alternative and go to iCloud.com
2) The subsequent step is to register along with your Apple ID. If you do not have already got an Apple ID, you possibly can create 1 right here or observe our step-by-step guide right here: How to Create an Apple ID. Signing up for an Apple ID mechanically provides customers 5 GB of free iCloud storage, which we’ll use on this tutorial.
3) After you register, choose the Pages icon.
4) Select the Settings (gear) icon and click on Upload Document. A window ought to seem: browse to the .pages file you need to edit and add it.
There are actually 2 choices relying on how you need to proceed:
5a) Once the doc is uploaded to iCloud, you possibly can open and edit the doc straight within the browser with a web-friendly model of Pages. It might not have all of the bells and whistles of the complete Pages app (or Microsoft Word), it is a straightforward approach to shortly make modifications to .pages paperwork.
5b) However, modifying the doc within the browser shouldn’t be the 1 choice; you possibly can re-export the file as a Word pleasant doc and open it in Microsoft Word on your PC. To do that, choose the Tools icon (wrench), click on Download a duplicate and choose Word. The doc is then re-exported as a .docx file (sorry .doc customers!) And made out there for download on your PC.
That is it! Your doc ought to begin downloading, prepared to be opened and edited in Microsoft Word.
Read the next: How to open a .docx Word file on Mac, iPad & iPhone
How to save as .docx with Pages
Now that we have defined how to open and edit .pages files on a Windows PC, it is most likely price pointing out that Pages for Mac, like by way of the iCloud web site, can export paperwork as Microsoft Word pleasant .docx and .doc files (together with PDF, plain textual content, ePub and Pages ’09 files). We realize it most likely will not assist a lot this time, but it surely would possibly prevent a while sooner or later.
So, for future reference, if you need to save a .docx or .doc file in Pages for Mac:
1) Open the file you need to export as a .docx or .doc file in Pages for Mac.
2) Select File> Export To> Word within the high left nook of Pages.
3a) You ought to then be taken to an export window. From right here you possibly can add a password to the file if wanted after which click on Next to export as commonplace Word file (.docx).
3b) However, if you’re utilizing an older model of Word (earlier than 2004), there may be an additional step. Before you export the file, choose Advanced Options and from the .doc drop-down menu (appropriate with Word 1997-2004). After deciding on the right file sort, click on Next to export the file.
4) You’ll then be requested to title and save your file as you’ll when you save a regular .pages file in Pages. Simply resolve what you need to title the file and click on Save to put it aside.
Read subsequent: Transfer pictures from iPhone to PC