Google Maps is gaining recognition amongst iPhone customers, however, most might get more out of it than they’re now. The app has an offline feature that enables you to hold navigating even in areas with no mobile sign, however, you’ve got to bear in mind to set it up earlier than you want it.
Google’s offline maps permit you to entry instructions and factors of curiosity, however, they do not provide strolling routes.
If you do not have already got Google Maps put in on your phone, get it free of charge from the App Store.
How to use Google Maps offline mode on an iPhone
- Start Google Maps on your iPhone
- The map ought to open to your native space. Use the search perform to save an offline map for a unique space
- Tap the menu button on the high of the display screen and select Offline areas
- You ought to see 2 choices: Local map and Custom map
- Choose Local map to save an offline map of your present location
- Choose Custom Map to choose a unique space
- Tap Download
Note that you would be able to avoid wasting space for storing by solely zooming in on the precise space you want.
Read subsequent: Should you persist with Apple Maps by Google Maps?