If user are facing the problem ‘Instagram Crashing’ Issues On your smartphone. These are the things you should do to fix Instagram if it won’t load, keeps crashing, or just won’t work at all. Instagram is one of the most popular apps in the Play Store, and it is well-made and well-kept. But some of our readers who have the Samsung phone have been complaining that the app keeps crashing.
We’ve talked about similar problems before, but because some of our readers have asked us about this one, we need to talk about it again. Even though Instagram has become more and more popular over the years, it sometimes keeps crashing when you try to use it. Many Instagram users have complained that the app keeps crashing when they try to open it, no matter if they use an Android phone or an iPhone.
Users also report that the platform crashes when they try to upload a story or open a direct message. We mentioned below are the ways to Fix ‘Instagram Crashing’ Issues On smartphone. If you want to know more information about this issue, visit Instagram support website.
Ways To Fix ‘Instagram Crashing’ Issues On
Update the Instagram App to the Latest Release (iOS & Android)
If the Instagram app keeps crashing, it may be because the installation is too old and no longer works with the phone’s operating system (OS). In this case, you might be able to stop the app from crashing by updating it to the latest version.
For clarity, we’ll explain how to update the Android version of Instagram to the latest build. The approach is the same, but the steps may be a little different for the Instagram app on Apple devices.
- Launch Google Play Store and search for Instagram.
- Now check if an update of the Instagram app is available.
- If so, tap on the Update button, and once updated, press Open.
- Then check if the Instagram keeps crashing issue is resolved.
- If not, check if updating Facebook Messenger clears the issue.
- If that did not work, check if installing the Facebook app (Instagram uses Facebook APIs to perform certain tasks) solves the problem.
Wipe Cache Partition of Your Phone (Android Only)
If the data in your phone’s cache has become corrupted, the Instagram app may not be able to get important data from the cache, causing it to crash. In this case, you might be able to fix the problem by wiping the phone’s cache partition.
- First, make sure your Android phone is turned off.
- Now, hold down the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time on your phone. The combination might be different depending on who made your phone and what version of Android it has.
- Now, wait until the phone boots into Recovery Mode. Once it does, use the volume up and down keys to select the Wipe Cache Partition option.
- Then press the Power button to confirm wiping the cache partition, and wait until the process is done.
- Once you’re done, choose Reboot to put your phone back into normal mode. Once your phone is back in normal mode, open Instagram to see if the problem with it crashing has been fixed.
Force Restart Your Phone (iOS & Android)
If Instagram keeps crashing, it could be because of a temporary problem with your phone’s OS modules. In this case, a force restart of your phone could fix the problem. For example, we’ll go through the steps for an iPhone, but the same method (with slightly different steps) also works for an Android phone. Make sure Instagram’s servers aren’t down or having trouble before moving on.
- Tap the volume up button on the iPhone and quickly press and let go of the volume down button.
- Now, press and hold the power or side button on the iPhone. On the iPhone’s power menu, don’t let go of the side button.
- Then wait until the Apple logo appears on the screen. When that’s done, check to see if the Instagram error that caused it to crash is gone.
- If that didn’t work, take the SD card out of the phone (if it’s already in there) and see if that stops the Instagram app from crashing.
Give the Instagram App its Required Permissions (iOS & Android)
If the Instagram app doesn’t have any permissions it needs to work, like the File Writing permission, it could crash right away. Here, the problem might be fixed by giving the Instagram app the permissions it needs.
- Update the Mobile OS to the Latest Build (iOS & Android)
- Now search for the Instagram app and then tap on it.
- Then open Permissions and make sure every required permission is granted to the Instagram app.
- Now restart your phone and upon restart, launch Instagram to check if it is working fine.
- Launch your iPhone Settings and scroll down to the Apps section.
- Now open Instagram and make sure all the app-required permissions are granted.
- Then restart your iPhone and upon restart, launch Instagram to check if its crashing issue is resolved.
- If not, go to the Privacy settings in the iPhone’s Settings and check each one to make sure the Instagram app has the permissions it needs. For example, open the iPhone’s microphone and give the Instagram app permission to use it.
- Then restart your iPhone and afterward, check if the Instagram crashing problem is solved.
Update the Phone’s OS to the Latest Build (iOS & Android)
If your phone doesn’t have the latest updates and patches for its operating system, it may not work with the Instagram app. This may stop important app modules from running, which causes the app to crash often.
For example, we will show you how to update an Apple phone to the latest version of iOS. If you have an Android phone, you can update it by following the instructions from the OEM.
- Firstly, back up your phone, make it fully charged, and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- Now open the iPhone Settings and select General.
- Then open Software Update and check if an update for your phone’s iOS is available.
- If so, download the update and then install the iOS update.
- Once installed, restart your iPhone, and upon restart, launch Instagram and check if it is working fine.
Why does Instagram keep crashing on laptop?
When your Instagram app isn’t up to date, it tends to crash a lot. This is because there may be a bug or glitch that can only be fixed by updating the app to the latest version. Android users can get the update by going to Play Store by Google. iOS users who want to get the latest version of Instagram can go to the App Store.
What do I do if Instagram keeps crashing?
How to fix Instagram if it keeps freezing? Make sure to check for updates to your apps and operating system all the time. If both your operating system and the Instagram app are up-to-date, try uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram. Most of the time, that should fix it.
Why Instagram is not working on PC?
When you restart your system, all the services will start up again and system resources will be freed up. Save your work in any open apps, and then use the Power options menu to restart your computer. After the system reboots, open Instagram again and see if you can sign in.