This article will show you how To Remove eSim From iPhone. eSIM was one of the technologies that changed the digital world when it came out. With these digital SIMs, you can use any cell phone plan from your carrier without even needing a physical SIM card. The fact that an iPhone user can get up to eight eSIMs and use two phone numbers at the same time is even more interesting. Even though eSIMs make it much easier for users to connect to cellular networks, all you need is a worldwide service provider or a wireless carrier that supports eSIM.
One recent change in the smartphone industry is the creation of eSIM, which can be used instead of traditional SIM cards. eSIM is more convenient because it lets users switch carriers without having to physically switch out SIM cards. But there are times when you might need to take the eSIM out of your iPhone for different reasons. And most people get stuck there. So, in this article, we’ll talk about how To Remove eSim From iPhone. So, stick around until the end to get all the answers you need.
What is an eSIM?
An eSIM is a digital SIM that is a standard in the industry. It lets you sign up for a cell phone plan from your carrier without having to use a physical SIM card. On an iPhone, you can put eight or more eSIMs in and use two phone numbers at the same time. With eSIM, you don’t have to buy a physical SIM card for your new device. However, not all carriers and devices yet work with eSIM cards. The term “eSIM” just means a SIM card that is built into a device. There are no physical SIM cards, and you don’t have to physically switch anything.
eSIM needs to be supported and turned on by the network or carrier, and not all networks do that yet. An eSIM is basically a small chip inside your phone and works in a similar way to the NFC chip that’s used for payment tech like Apple Pay and Google Pay. The information on an eSIM can be changed, so if you want to switch operators, all you have to do is make a phone call. They are very easy to add to a data plan, and it only takes a few minutes to link a device with an eSIM to a mobile account.
Benefits of eSIM on iPhone
- Convenience: eSIMs are more convenient than physical SIM cards because you don’t have to carry around a small, easy-to-lose piece of plastic. You can also activate an eSIM remotely, so you don’t have to go to a carrier store or wait for a SIM card to be mailed to you.
- Flexibility: eSIMs allow you to have multiple cellular plans on your iPhone at the same time. This is useful if you travel frequently and need to switch between different carriers in different countries. You can also use an eSIM for a business line while using a physical SIM card for your personal line.
- Security: eSIMs are more secure than physical SIM cards because they’re embedded in your iPhone’s hardware. This makes it more difficult for someone to steal your cellular plan or track your location.
Why might you want to remove an eSIM from your iPhone?
- Switching to a different carrier: If you want to switch to a different mobile carrier or change your cell plan, you may need to remove the existing eSIM from your iPhone before activating a new one.
- Selling or giving the device to someone else: If you are selling or giving your iPhone to someone else, removing the eSIM will make sure that the new owner can’t access your cell phone plan or personal information.
- Connectivity problems: can sometimes be fixed by taking out and putting back in your eSIM.
- Switching to a physical SIM card: Some users may prefer to use a physical SIM card instead of an eSIM for a variety of reasons, such as compatibility with older devices or the ability to easily switch between devices.
- Switching to a dual-SIM setup: If your iPhone supports dual-SIM functionality, you may want to remove one eSIM to replace it with a different eSIM or physical SIM card, allowing you to use two different phone numbers on the same device.
How To Erase eSim From iPhone
- Start up your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap “Cellular” or “Mobile Data.”
- Look for the option that says something about eSIM or cell phone plans.
- Tap on the eSIM or cell phone plan that you want to get rid of.
- Within the eSIM settings of that SIM, you should see an option to “Remove Cellular Plan” or “Delete Plan” depending on your iOS version.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to take out the eSIM. Tap “Delete” or “Remove” again to make sure. If you confirm, the eSIM will be taken off your iPhone right away, and you won’t be able to use it anymore.
This article looked at different ways to get rid of an eSIM from your iPhone. You can remove an eSIM by following the steps we gave you in the Settings app or by reading the instructions on the Apple Official website. It’s important to be able to remove an eSIM from your iPhone for things like device upgrades, eSIM transfers, and managing your cellular connectivity.
Questions and Answers
If you turn off or delete your eSIM, you may no longer be able to use your mobile network. This means you won’t be able to use your device to make phone calls, send text messages, or use mobile data.
Can I also take out the eSIM from my Android phone? You can, of course, get rid of the eSIM from your Android phone. Just like your iPhones, the Android devices also have eSIM capability. Even though it’s not on all Android phones yet, this feature is still available on a good number of Android devices.
Either Physical Sim or eSim can be used. What you did last makes a difference. Putting a physical SIM card into a device will give you access to the network and all services. When you turn on eSim, the Physical Sim will be turned off.
If you delete your eSIM by accident, don’t worry. We’ll send you a new QR code by email. If you need to, you can use it to reactivate your eSIM or just redownload it to your device. Go to Settings > mobile data > add data plan. The deleted eSIM profile will be available to redownload.