Learn how to Strikethrough in PDF in this guide. In the event that we need to delete unnecessary information, correct errors, and cross out what has been done before, we need to learn how to strikethrough in PDF. When one thinks of editing PDF files, Adobe Acrobat is likely the first programme that comes to mind. This is because Adobe Acrobat is the industry standard for PDF editors. In most cases, the PDF files cannot be edited in any way. This process can be time-consuming, and there’s a chance that some of your documents will lose their formatting in the process.
When you are editing or proofreading a PDF document, it is possible that you will need to display text that is not wanted. After that, you will have the option to draw a horizontal line across the content that you do not want to appear, which is analogous to how users of Microsoft Word have the ability to add a red line on top of the text. In PDF files, you have the option to strikethrough certain text. The term “strikethrough” refers to a method of typography that involves inserting a vertical red line somewhere in the middle of the text that has been selected.
Although some of the content has been removed or altered, the words can still be read in their entirety. When editing PDF documents, this handy markup tool comes in handy for redlining text corrections and leaving comments. In this piece, we will demonstrate how to quickly and easily strikethrough text in a PDF file by utilising a desktop software application as well as an online tool. This article might provide the answer you’re looking for. It outlines three efficient and cost-free methods how to Strikethrough in PDF, all of which can be accessed either online or offline.
How to Strikethrough in PDF
Using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Start up Adobe Acrobat Reader
- To add a PDF file, go to the Home menu and click on “Open File.” Then, find and select the file.
- There will be a new tab open with the PDF file. A panel of tools will show up to the left of the preview of the document. In that list of tools, click on the third option from the top, which is the highlight icon.
- Choose “Strikethrough” from the list of options.
- The Strikethrough tool is now chosen. Start at the beginning of the text you want to delete with the mouse. Click and drag the cursor to the end of the text. Let go of the mouse button when you’re done. There will be a red line through the middle of the text, cutting it out.
- In the upper left corner of Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on the “Menu” button.
- Save as is the way to go if you want to make a separate copy of your PDF file with text crossed out. If not, use the Save option to make changes to the original PDF file.
Using Free Online PDF Editor from PDF Candy
- Start up Adobe Acrobat Reader
- On the home page of the PDF Candy website, click on the “Edit PDF” link. This will bring up its free PDF Editor tool.
- Now, click the “Add File” button to find the PDF file on your computer that you want to add. Hold on while the editor posts the file. You can also add a PDF file from your Dropbox or Google Drive account. The file will now be shown to you. From the list of tools on the left, click on the Strikethrough tool.
- Pick any colour from the list (Black, Yellow, Green, Red, etc.) once the strikethrough tool is chosen. Place the cursor over the text that you want to delete. Pick out the text, and then let go of the mouse cursor. The colour you choose will be used to cross out the text.
- When you’re done, use the Export File button in the upper right corner to get the output file.
Why Use Strikethrough in PDF Documents?
- When editing and making changes, strikethrough is often used to show which text needs to be deleted during the editing process. It makes changes stand out visually, which helps readers tell the difference between original and edited content.
- Reviewing a Document: In collaborative settings, more than one person can look over a PDF file and make comments on it. Reviewers can give their feedback visually by putting a strikethrough through text that they think should be removed or changed.
- When you are proofreading a document, strikethrough helps you see what needs to be changed or taken out. It helps with proofreading by giving you a visual way to mark mistakes or suggested changes.
- When looking at different versions of the same document side by side, strikethrough can help you see what text has been changed or taken out. This can be especially helpful in legal, regulatory, or contractual situations.
- Drawing Attention to Changes: Strikethrough is a subtle but effective way to draw attention to changes in a document. It makes sure that readers notice changes right away without stopping the flow of the text as a whole.
- Version Control: Striking through text helps keep track of different versions of a project that people are working on together, especially when there are many draughts or iterations. It lets everyone on the team see how the document has changed over time and quickly spot the changes that were made in each version.
- Detail in the Document: Strikethrough helps keep the document clear by making the original and changed text stand out. This is very important when working with long or complicated documents.
Benefits and Applications of Strikethrough in PDFs
|Clarity and Emphasis||Strikethrough in PDFs helps draw attention to information that is no longer relevant or needs correction.|
|Editing and Revisions||Useful for indicating deleted or edited text without completely removing it, making it easier to track changes.|
|Collaborative Work||Facilitates collaboration by highlighting modifications or suggestions made by different users during document review.|
|Document Comparison||Simplifies the process of comparing different versions of a document, especially when reviewing changes over time.|
|Legal Documents||Strikethrough is often employed in legal documents to indicate revoked or amended clauses, ensuring clarity and accuracy.|
|Proofreading||Aids in proofreading by clearly marking text that has been reviewed, preventing oversight of changes during editing.|
|Preserving Document History||Helps maintain a record of document revisions, ensuring transparency and accountability in content modifications.|
|Consistent Formatting||Ensures consistent formatting by visually indicating sections or content that have been intentionally struck through.|
|Quick Identification of Changes||Speeds up the identification of alterations, making it easier for readers to focus on the most recent or relevant content.|
As of now, Strikethrough Text is a useful tool for editing online documents, but it’s not very modern. Scribes first used strikethrough to show wrong information in sacred texts they wrote by hand on vellum or parchment hundreds of years ago. Yes, you can make these marks in your documents too with just a few clicks. But maybe not as satisfying as brushing lines of ink across a rustling page.
Questions and Answers
Pick up the “Redact” tool from the bar of tools: First, find the redaction PDF tool in WPS Office and click on it. Pick the area that needs to be hidden: Move the mouse over the area you want to hide and click. The redaction tool will add a black box over the area you choose.
The tools that Adobe Acrobat gives you make it easy to redact PDFs on your Android. In addition to editing, reviewing, signing, and redacting, Adobe Acrobat lets you do even more with your PDFs, both on your desktop and elsewhere. It’s easy to use your documents, share them, and work together on them from anywhere.
Drag and click your mouse over the text you want to hide to do this. There is a drop-down arrow to the right of the ab highlighter bar in the Home tab’s “Font” section. There will be a drop-down menu with boxes of different colours. Press the black box.
Pick the Redact tool from the Tools menu at the top of the screen. Pick Text & Images from the list next to Mark for Redaction at the top of the screen. Pick out the exact words and pictures you want to erase. On the properties page for the redaction tool, change the Redacted Area Fill Colour to white.