You may learn how to temporarily deactivate Facebook account on iPhone and Android by reading this page. People all over the world use Facebook to stay in touch with friends and family and to argue with strangers about moderately funny cat videos. Some people think that social media is an important part of life, but others are worried about the data scandals and privacy issues. There’s no denying that Facebook isn’t as cool and popular as it used to be. In the fourth quarter of 2022, Meta’s huge social media platform lost almost 1.4 million daily users for the first time since it started in 2004. If you want to know more information about this Visit Official Facebook Support site.
Facebook has had a number of crises over the years, and many of them have been about the safety and privacy of its users. Everyone has had a Facebook account at some point, whether they like it or not. Facebook made sure you always had a reason to come back to the social media site, whether it was to keep in touch with family and friends, check on your crops in Farmville, or find a great deal on Facebook Marketplace. But sometimes you do need a break from all the distractions on social media. If you want to take a break from Facebook, you might want to temporarily deactivate Facebook account on iPhone and Android.
How to temporarily deactivate Facebook account on iPhone and Android
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap the three-lined menu icon in the upper right corner of the app (Android) or the menu at the bottom right (iPhone).
- Scroll down the menu and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Settings from the Settings & Privacy page.
- Tap on “Personal Information” from the Account settings section.
- Tap on Manage account on your Facebook Personal Information page.
- Tap on Deactivate on the account management page. You will be prompted to enter your Facebook password.
- Tap Continue after entering your Facebook password.
- On the deactivation page, choose “This is temporary. I’m coming back.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap the Continue button.
- You have the option to Log Out instead of deactivating your account, but do not choose this option as it won’t make your account inactive.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, choose the duration for which you want your account to be disabled (up to 7 days), and tap Continue.
- Lastly, scroll to the bottom of the Account deactivation page and tap Continue to temporarily turn off your Facebook account.
If you turn off your account, you can turn it back on at any time. No one can look at your timeline or find you. Some information, like the messages you sent, may still be visible to others.
What Happens to Your Facebook Account If You Turn It Off? After you close your account, your friends will notice that they can no longer see your profile. But they can still see your name on their list of Friends, even though there is no photo next to it. Also, you won’t be able to use your Facebook account to get to Oculus products or information.
You can reactivate your Facebook account at any time by logging back into Facebook or using your Facebook account to log in somewhere else. Don’t forget that you’ll need access to the email address or phone number you use to sign in.