In this article we will show you How to turn off your iPhone. You probably like to keep your phone on all day, but sometimes it needs to be turned off and on again. There are lots of things that could be wrong with your phone. Maybe it’s running slowly or it’s frozen. If you know how to restart or even turn off your phone, you can fix a lot of problems.
Even though turning off a phone might seem easy and obvious, there are different ways to do it based on the model of iPhone you have and the version of iOS it’s running. If you’re having trouble figuring out how to turn off your iPhone, don’t worry. Apple has changed the way to turn off an iPhone a few times over the years. Even though we think iPhones are some of the best phones on the market, this can be annoying.
You might have just gotten a new iPhone, which means you know how to turn off your old device but not your new one. Maybe you switched from Android to iOS because you finally saw the light, but you don’t yet know how to turn off your new iPhone. No matter why, you don’t need to worry. It all depends on how old your iPhone is, what type it is, where the lock button is, and if it has a home button. No matter what, it’s easy to turn off your iPhone, and we’ll show you how.
How to turn off your iPhone
By “newer iPhones,” we mean anything from the iPhone X to the iPhone 14 that doesn’t have a Home button, which Apple got rid of a few years ago. Since it’s likely that current users have one of these phones, these are the steps to take, whether they’re getting it new, used, or refurbished. When you turn off your iPhone, it doesn’t matter which iOS you have. Still, we suggest that you update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS16.
- Grip your iPhone so you can press buttons on both sides at the same time. It doesn’t matter what mode the phone is in when you begin, so you don’t need it unlocked.
- Press the side button on the right side and the lower volume button on the left at the same time, and hold down the buttons.
- Wait for the power off screen to appear. You’ll see a few options. You can make an SOS call to the person who is programmed as your emergency contact, as well as cancel out of the screen. But it’s the button at the top you want, the one that says Slide to power off.
- Swipe right on this button. Unlike other iPhone screens, this one doesn’t go blank according to sleep settings, so you have as much time as you need.
- Your iPhone shuts down. Give it time to turn off fully, as this can take up to 30 seconds, depending on what your iPhone is currently handling. This method saves power on trips and can act as a soft reboot for certain problems.
- Press and hold the side button (you must hold down, pressing it once doesn’t work) to turn your iPhone back on when you’re ready. Give the iPhone time to boot back up and display the lock screen. You can use a similar method on iPads.
If you just got an iPhone 14 or 14 Pro and have never used an Apple product before, you might not know how to turn it off. But we don’t blame you for not knowing that because the way to turn off some Android phones is a little different. If you want to know more information about this visit official Apple support site.