This article will show you how to Update VLC Media Player on Smartphone and PC. When the app is at its most recent version, it has new features, security updates, and other improvements. The VideoLAN group always sends out regular updates, and when you open the app, you’ll get a message telling you about it. Have you ever updated VLC so that you could get a media player installed? Never! Right, but this is a serious idea: you must update your VLC MEDIA PLAYER every month when it needs to be updated.
This is because the software notifies you when it needs to be updated, and its co-founder, the VideoLAN project, releases new things related to VLC MEDIA PLAYER. You might be wondering what the point of these updates is. Well, they include a number of new features that are needed to protect Chrome and keep Microsoft’s phone safe. One of the most popular free multimedia programs used all over the world is VLC media player. The developer suggests updating the app often so you can use the latest features. Here, we show you how to Update VLC Media Player on Android, iOS, Mac, or Windows.
How to Update VLC Media Player on Phone
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android phone or the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap the Search icon (usually represented by a magnifying glass) at the top of the screen.
- Type “VLC Media Player” in the search bar and search for it.
- Tap on the VLC Media Player app from the search results.
- On the app’s page, if an “Update” button or “Update” option is visible, it means there is a new version available.
- Tap on the Update button or select the Update option.
- Wait for the update process to complete. The time required will depend on your internet connection speed.
- Once the update is finished, you will have the latest version of VLC Media Player installed on your phone.
How to Update VLC Media Player on PC
- Open your web browser and go to the official VLC Media Player website. You can visit the website by typing “www.videolan.org” in the address bar and pressing Enter.
- On the VLC Media Player website, click on the “Download VLC” button. This will take you to the download page.
- On the download page, the website will automatically detect your operating system and provide you with the appropriate download link for your PC.
- Click on the download link to start downloading the latest version of VLC Media Player.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file on your computer. By default, it is usually saved in the “Downloads” folder.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation wizard. Make sure to carefully review and accept any terms or agreements.
- During the installation process, you may be prompted to choose certain options, such as file associations and additional components. You can customize these options according to your preferences.
- After making your selections, click on the “Install” or “Next” button to proceed with the installation.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. This may take a few moments.
- Once the installation is finished, you will have the latest version of VLC Media Player installed on your PC.
What is VLC media player?
The VideoLAN project made the VLC media player, which used to be called the VideoLAN Client but is now just called VLC. It is free, open-source, portable, cross-platform media player software and a streaming media server. VLC can be used on desktop operating systems as well as mobile platforms like Android, iOS, and iPadOS. VLC can also be downloaded from digital stores like Apple’s App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store.
VLC supports a wide range of audio and video file formats and compression methods, such as DVD-Video, Video CD, and streaming protocols. It can stream media over computer networks and change the way multimedia files are encoded. By default, VLC comes with a lot of free decoding and encoding libraries, so you don’t have to find and set up proprietary plugins. Many of VLC’s codecs come from the FFmpeg project’s libavcodec library, but the player mostly makes use of its own muxers and demuxers. It also has its own way of putting protocols into action.
Wondershare UniConverter is one of the best VLC alternatives for Windows and Mac. It supports over 1,000 file formats and has a lot of useful features, like a built-in player that can play any video file in 4K or HD quality.
KMPlayer is a popular alternative to VLC Player that can be used to play videos on both Windows and OSX. The Android version works with different codecs and lets you cast, among other things. This includes direct streaming from Google Drive and Dropbox, as well as other cloud storage apps.
The VideoLAN project made the VLC media player, which used to be called the VideoLAN Client but is now just called VLC. It is free, open-source, portable, cross-platform media player software and a streaming media server. VLC can be used on desktop operating systems as well as mobile platforms like Android, iOS, and iPadOS.