In this piece, we’ll show you how to Use Google Drive on PC and Phone. Google Drive is a cloud storage service that is very famous and one of the best free tools on the market. It’s powerful and easy to use, but if you’re new to cloud storage and have never used Dropbox or Box, it can be hard to figure out how to use Google Drive. Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud storage options and a great way to get things done. Users with a Google account can use it to store items and share them across multiple devices and platforms. If you want to know more information about this visit official Google Drive Website.
Using services like iCloud and Google Drive, you can store your data (photos, videos, music, etc.) in the cloud, which can be a very handy way to do so. Then, you can use the internet to get to your data saved in the cloud from any of your devices (computers, phones, etc.). As people want more and better media, they also need more room to store it. Since the hardware (like the hard drive in an iPhone) can’t keep up with this demand, people use Cloud Storage to store their info. This frees up space on their mobile device. Here we mentioned below are the steps How to Use Google Drive on PC and Phone.
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a cloud storage service, and like all cloud services, its main job is to take some of the load off your hard drive. Cloud storage works by uploading your files to its own remote computers, or the “cloud.” This frees up space on your computer. This gives you more space on your devices for more important things, like adding big apps and games.
But cloud services are much better than standard storage in many ways. When your files are in the cloud, you can get to them from any device with an internet link, no matter where you are. You can also share them with other people, which opens up new ways to work together online (read our article about why online saving is helpful for more information). You already have Google Drive if you have a Google account. Signing up for an account gives you 15GB of free storage, which puts its free plan near the top of our list of the best free cloud storage.
How to Sign Up for Google Drive
- Open your web browser and go to drive.google.com to get to the Google Drive page.
- Click the “Go to Google Drive” button on the Google Drive home page.
- If you already have a Google account and are signed in, you’ll go straight to your Google Drive. If so, you don’t need to do the next step.
- You’ll see a sign-in page if you don’t have a Google account or aren’t signed in. Click the “Sign up” or “Create an account” link.
- Fill out the sign-up form with your first and last name, preferred email address, password, birthday, and (if you want to) your phone number.
- Click on the buttons next to the terms of service and privacy policies to read and agree to them.
- Finish the process of checking. Google may send you a text message or call you to confirm your phone number.
- After you have set up your Google account, you will be taken to your Google Drive.
- You can now store, view, and share your files and folders using Google Drive.
How to Use Google Drive on Windows PC
Google Drive has a native app for Android, and it also has a separate app for Windows computers. Here’s how to get it and how to use it:
- Go to the Google Drive page and download the desktop app to your PC.
- Double-click the installer and then follow the steps on the screen to set it up.
- The Google Drive icon will show up on the Windows status bar when the update is done.
- Sign in to your Google account and click the Google Drive button.
- Your PC is now ready to use the Google Drive software.
How to Use Google Drive on Mac
Apple users can also use Google Drive because there is a Mac app for it. Almost everything about it is the same as the Windows app:
- From the Drive download page, you can get the Google Drive app for Mac.
- Double-click the icon for the launcher to open it.
- Follow the steps on the screen to get the Drive software installed on your Mac.
- Once the update is done, you’ll see an icon for Google Drive in the menu bar of your Mac.
- Sign in with your Google account when you click it.
How to Use Google Drive on Phone
- Download and install the Google Drive app from the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone by tapping on its icon.
- Sign in to your Google account by entering your email and password.
- Once you’re signed in, you’ll see your Google Drive with all the files and folders stored in it.
- To upload files or folders to Google Drive from your phone, tap the “+” or “Upload” button and choose the file or folder you want to upload.
- To create a new file or folder in Google Drive, tap the “+” or “New” button and select the type of file or folder you want to create (e.g., Document, Spreadsheet, Folder, etc.).
- You can organize your files and folders by creating new folders, moving files into different folders, and renaming or deleting files as needed.
- To access files offline, you can mark them as available offline by tapping the three dots menu next to the file and selecting the “Available offline” option.
- You can share files or folders with others by tapping the three dots menu next to the file or folder and selecting the “Share” option. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to share with and set the permissions accordingly.
- To download files from Google Drive to your phone, long-press on the file you want to download, and then select the “Download” option.
How to Upload files to Google Drive from your phone
Now that you know what Google Drive is, let’s start using your storage space by putting some things on it. You can also make groups and subfolders, just like on your computer, to make things even more organized. Make sure your phone is connected to a fast Wi-Fi network before you start sharing big files. By default, Google Drive doesn’t let you share files when you’re using mobile data. To fix this, go to the Google Drive settings menu and uncheck the box that says “Transfer files only over Wi-Fi.” This makes sense if your mobile plan gives you a lot of 4G or 5G data.
- On your phone, open the Google Drive app.
- Find the folder, if there is one, where you want to put the file you want to share.
- Click the plus sign.
- In the pop-up box, choose Upload from the menu.
- Choose the things that you want to send.
Advanced Google Drive features
Google Drive has a number of advanced tools that make it easier to store files and work together. Here are some of Google Drive’s more advanced features that stand out:
- File Versioning: Google Drive saves previous versions of your files automatically, so you can view and restore them if you need to. This function is especially helpful when more than one person is working on the same document, because it lets you keep track of changes and go back to older versions.
- Real-time Collaboration: With Google Drive, you can work together on papers, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time. Users can edit the same file at the same time and see each other’s changes in real time. This feature makes teamwork and productivity much better because it gets rid of the need to constantly share files and merge changes by hand.
- Access Controls and Sharing: You can set up Google Drive so that only certain people can see your files and groups. You can choose to share files with everyone, limit access to certain people or groups, or give approval to only view or edit files. You can also make links that can be shared and whose access settings can be changed.
- Advanced Search: Google Drive has strong search tools that let you find files quickly based on their names, contents, file types, and specific keywords. You can also use advanced search operators to make your questions even more specific.
- Integrations with third-party apps and services: Google Drive works with a number of third-party apps and services, which makes it more useful. You can link Google Drive to work tools like Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, as well as other apps like CRM systems, project management tools, and more.
Questions and Answers
You can also use Drive for desktop if you want to know how to sync Google Drive with your PC: go to Preferences, then Google Drive, and choose the sync choices for My Drive. Here are two different ways to sync. The first are called Stream files, and the second are called Mirror files. You can pick the one that fits your needs.
You can give someone else with their own Google Account access to your files and folders. You can’t give someone with a work or school account permission to use your files or folders. For the move to go through, the person you want to own the file or folder must accept your request.
If the link isn’t stable, Google Drive won’t be able to connect to the storage server, so it won’t sync. So, you should check your link to the Internet. Make sure the link is stable. Instead of using mobile data to share files, use Wi-Fi.