Some users are want to know how to fix ‘Windows Sandbox no Internet Connection’ Issue. on their windows computer. Because of this problem, it’s hard to use apps that need an Internet connection, which completely defeats the purpose of the Windows Sandbox feature. This problem can have many causes, but the most common one is that the computer is connected to a VPN network.
You can do almost anything in the Windows Sandbox. You don’t have to worry about breaking things if you try out sketchy-looking programmes and websites or play around with the settings for the operating system. But if you were able to turn on Windows Sandbox, you might run into a problem where you can’t get on the internet in the virtual setting.
Most of the time, this problem is caused by things like technical glitches, virtual private networks, and antivirus firewalls. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at how you can get back online in the Windows Sandbox. You can also go to the official Microsoft support site for more information about this issue.
Ways to fix ‘Windows Sandbox no Internet Connection’ Issue
Flush the Domain Name System cache
- Launch Windows 11’s search box by pressing the magnifying glass button beside the Start taskbar icon.
- Enter cmd in Windows 11’s search utility.
- To open Command Prompt with elevated rights, select the Run as administrator option for its search result.
- Now input this command:
Uninstall third-party firewall and antivirus software
- Select the Run shortcut on the Power User menu by pressing the Windows + X hotkey.
- To open Windows 11’s uninstaller utility, input this Run command and press Enter:
- Select any third-party firewall or antivirus software listed there, and click its Uninstall option.
- If a confirmation prompt opens, select Yes to confirm.
- Bring up Windows 11’s file search tool by clicking the button directly below.
- Enter the keyword network connections in the Type here to search box.
- Then select the View network connections search result.
- Hold the Ctrl key to select both vEthernet (Default) and your internet connection there.
- Click the right mouse button to select the Bridge Connections option.
- Wait for the network bridge to be established.
Disconnect VPN connections
- Open Settings (the Windows +Ihotkey opens it).
- Select Network & internet on the left of Settings.
- Click the VPN category.
- Then select a listed VPN connection on that tab.
- Click the Disconnect button for your VPN.
- Thereafter, open Windows Sandbox with your VPN disconnected.
Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter
- Open the Start menu to select the pinned Settings app shortcut.
- Scroll down the System tab to click Troubleshoot.
- Click Other trouble-shooters to bring up a list of Windows 11’s troubleshooters.
- Select Run for the Internet Connections troubleshooter.
- Click the Troubleshoot my connection to the internet option.
- Apply any fixes suggested by that troubleshooter.
- The Network Adapter troubleshooter might also help fix this issue. Click the Run button for that troubleshooter to open it.
Reinstall Windows Sandbox
- First, open Programs and Features as covered within the first couple of steps of resolution four.
- Select the Turn Windows features on or off option in the Programs and Features applet.
- Deselect the Windows Sandbox checkbox in Windows Features.
- Click the OK button to disable (uninstall) that feature
- Press the Power button on your Start menu. Select the Restart option from there.
- Next, open Windows Features again.
- Then select the Windows Sandbox checkbox, and click the OK option.
- Thereafter, you’ll need to restart Windows again.
- It’s also recommended that users activate some additional virtualized environment Windows 11 features. Select the checkboxes for these features to enable them:
- Virtual Machine Platform
- Windows Hypervisor Platform
Can Windows Sandbox connect to the internet?
Every time you open the app, the sandbox starts over from scratch. For networking in Windows Sandbox, a virtual switch is set up on the host (Windows 10 or 11) and a virtual NIC connects Windows Sandbox to it. By turning off network access, the Sandbox can give attackers less to work with.
How do I connect my Sandbox to Wi-Fi?
Go to “Control Panel,” “Programs,” “Programs and Features,” and “Features.” Choose Turn Windows features on or off from the menu on the left > Scroll down until you see Sandbox. Turn it off and on to see if it works. Hope it helps.
How to ensure allow networking in Windows Sandbox is set to disabled?
Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components. On the left is the Windows Sandbox. Find the policy setting that says “Allow networking in Windows Sandbox” on the right. Set the policy to either “Enabled” or “Not Configured” to turn on networking in Windows Sandbox (default).
Why is sandbox not working?
The best way to fix this problem might be to restart the Windows Sandbox. So, here’s how to turn this tool off and on again: To get to the Run command box, press Win + R. To open the Windows Features programme, type optionalfeatures and press Enter.