Fix ‘Google Maps Voice Navigation not Working’ issue on Android and iPhone. Google Maps is the most popular mapping service made by Google. It gives users satellite images, street maps, navigation, route planning for travel or public transportation, and a detailed view of the world. It also gives users easy access to different features on their devices. In the same way, there is a function called “voice navigation,” which works in part because of the voice function. Users can use their voice to navigate with this feature, and many people do. Voice navigation is a very useful feature, so many people use it for different things on their devices.
Sadly, some users have had trouble with the voice navigation not working on their Android or iPhone devices, which is very sad and annoying. But if you try the possible solutions, you can easily fix the problem of the voice navigation not working. This guide tells you the main reasons why your Google Maps voice navigation wasn’t working, and if you try some possible troubleshooting steps, you may be able to Fix ‘Google Maps Voice Navigation not Working’ issue on Android and iPhone quickly.
Google Maps voice navigation is a feature of the Google Maps app that gives spoken, turn-by-turn directions while you are using the app to navigate. It is made to help you find your way when you are driving, walking, or using other forms of transportation. This way, you don’t have to keep looking at the map on your screen to get where you need to go. One of the most popular GPS apps is Google Maps, which has a voice function. Instead of looking at the screen to see where you are, you can pay attention to your surroundings and let the voice tell you what to do. But the voice function could suddenly stop working, leaving you to wonder why.
- Muted Volume: Ensure that the device’s volume is not muted or turned down too low. The voice navigation instructions won’t be audible if the volume is too low.
- App Volume Settings: Check the Google Maps app’s volume settings within the app itself. Sometimes, the app’s volume may be turned down or muted independently of the device’s volume settings.
- Voice Guidance Settings: In Google Maps, go to the app settings and make sure that voice guidance or voice directions are enabled. You can adjust the voice guidance settings to your preferences.
- Language Settings: Verify that the language for voice navigation is set correctly. If it’s set to a language you don’t understand, you won’t be able to hear or understand the instructions.
- Data Connection: Google Maps requires an active data connection to download maps and provide real-time navigation. Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection, as voice navigation won’t work without it.
- GPS Signal: Google Maps relies on GPS for accurate location information. If your device has poor GPS signal or is in a location with limited GPS reception, it may struggle to provide voice directions.
Check the Bluetooth Connection
- Connect your phone to your car.
- Start Google Maps on your gadget.
- Then, click on the Account icon, then Settings, and finally Navigation settings.
- Make sure that the feature “Play Voice over Bluetooth” is turned on.
- When you’re done, you’ll be able to hear Google Maps Voice from your car.
- Start Google Maps on your gadget.
- Click on the icon that looks like an account to open the menu.
- Go to Settings > Settings for navigation.
- Then you need to make sure that the Mute state is set to Unmuted and that the Guidance Volume is set to Normal.
- Once you’re done, check to see if the problem with Google Maps voice not working has been fixed.
Clear Google Maps Cache
- On your Android phone, hold on to the Google Maps icon.
- Then, from the menu, choose App Info.
- Next, choose Storage & Cache, and then tap Clear Cache.
- Check to see if the problem with Google Maps Android voice not working is fixed once you’re done.
Update Device OS
- Go to the Settings app on your phone or tablet.
- Pick General.
- Choose to update the software.
- Your iPhone will check for updates automatically, and if there are any, you’ll be asked to download and install them.
- When the update is done, restart your iPhone and try the voice navigation again.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Move down and click on System.
- Now, choose the option to update the system.
- Your device will check on its own to see if there are any software updates available.
- If there is an update, you can download it and install it by following the instructions on the screen.
- Once the update is done, you should restart your phone and see if the problem is gone.
Check the Internet Connection
- Change from mobile data to Wi-Fi and the other way around.
- Turn off and then back on the mobile data.
- Go somewhere with more space to get a better signal.
- Make sure that the Airplane mode is turned off.
When you have a Google Maps voice companion, it’s easy to get around and explore places you’ve never been before. But all of a sudden, that voice stops, and you’re left steering while squinting at your phone’s tiny screen and hoping you don’t miss your turn. It’s now a lot of trouble. So, what can you do to fix this? Here are some ways to get your Android or iPhone’s Google Maps voice to work again.
Questions and Answers
Tap the icon that looks like a speaker to make sure the sound isn’t muted. Make sure your volume is turned up. If you still don’t hear any sounds, tap the Google Account icon in the upper right corner of the app and go to Settings > Navigation Settings > Sound & Voice.
The navigation on the Android version of Google Maps works more like a separate GPS device. It changes your next turn automatically based on where you are. You have to keep moving the directions forward on the iPhone in order to know what your next turn is.
Google Maps is more accurate when figuring out routes and commutes because it has a bigger database of geographic information. You can set your departure and arrival times, for example, to find the best navigation route for you.