Learn how to Investigate the Suspicious Toys in Baldur’s Gate 3 in this guide. It’s possible that once you finally reach Act 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3 and are introduced to civilization, you’ll feel like you can finally take a deep breath and kick back for a while, but you’d be wrong to think that way. When you enter the very first town in Act 3, the very first thing you will see is an argument going on between three different people. This argument will eventually lead you to an extremely interesting side quest.
One of the first things that you see when you arrive in the town of Rivington is a man and several guards arguing with refugees. This is one of the first scenes that stands out to you. They are staying at the man’s house, and this event serves as the impetus for an engaging side quest. You will now be instructed on how to successfully complete the Investigate the Suspicious Toys mission found in Baldur’s Gate 3.
After going to the man’s house and finding out the shocking secret, you will be able to begin this quest almost immediately afterward. The players of Baldur’s Gate 3 will start their adventure in Rivington at the beginning of Act 3, where they will be given the Investigate the Suspicious Toys quest to complete. While in Rivington, there will be a plethora of quests to start, but one man, Arfur Gregorio, is likely to stand out quite prominently among the rest of the available options. So, let’s have a more in-depth conversation about this assignment and how to Investigate the Suspicious Toys in Baldur’s Gate 3.
What is Suspicious Toys Quest in Baldur’s Gate 3’s?
The events of Act 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3 take place in the quaint town of Rivington, which is located just outside the borders of the bustling main city. Players will have the opportunity to embark on a variety of quests while exploring Rivington. One of these quests is titled “Uncover the Mystery Behind Suspicious Toys.” This particular quest will reveal a nefarious plot, which involves the distribution of explosive-filled teddy bears to children who have fled their homes.
In order to begin this quest, players will need to investigate one of the two restricted areas that are located within Rivington. In order for players to accomplish the objective of this one-of-a-kind quest and bring it to a satisfying conclusion, they will have to ultimately track its roots to a particular location within the Lower City of Baldur’s Gate. Continue reading to learn, in detail, how you can successfully complete this intriguing mission in Baldur’s Gate 3 so that you can move on to the next one.
How to Investigate the Suspicious Toys in Baldur’s Gate 3
- Investigate the Suspicious Toys quest in a way different from my approach in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Took a stand for the refugees and told Arfur to beat it.
- After a Persuasion check, he quickly left his house for other people to use.
- Discovered his worry about something in his basement.
- Found a hatch in the last room leading to the basement and jumped in.
- Let the family stay in the house, optional to talk to them to complete the mission.
- The basement of Arfur is a dangerous place with traps and trip fireworks.
- My character, a Monk and a Rogue, had a good chance of navigating the basement.
- Some Baldur’s Gate 3 characters will have a harder time.
- To reach the other side, find a small chest and look inside.
- Discovered that Arfur is doing something horrible with toys meant for the refugees.
- Find out where these dangerous toys have been sent in Baldur’s Gate.
- They’re not too far from the game start, so you and your party won’t have to go too far.
- To progress, bring a character with a high Charisma level for convincing NPCs.
- Wyll, a Warlock and a Bard, was effective in getting people to work with my group.
Tools and Techniques for Toy Investigation in Baldur’s Gate 3
|Speak with Animals||Talk to the pig in the barn||The pig may have seen or heard something strange that can help you with your investigation.|
|Sleight of Hand||Disarm the trap on the crate||The crate contains the suspicious toys, but it is trapped. You will need to disarm the trap in order to open it.|
|Persuasion||Convince Manip Nestor to let you look around the barn||Manip Nestor is guarding the barn. You can either try to sneak in or persuade him to let you in.|
|Perception||Find clues about the suspicious toys||There are clues scattered throughout the barn that can help you learn more about the toys.|
|Investigation||Investigate the crates||The crates contain the suspicious toys. You can investigate them to learn more about their contents.|
|Arcana||Identify the magical properties of the toys||The toys are magical, and you may be able to identify their properties with Arcana.|
Common Challenges in Investigating Toys and How to Overcome Them
- Not Much Information: Investigations often begin with not much information. Carefully look for clues and use a variety of sources to get a full picture.
- Obstruction by Authorities: Are you having trouble with the authorities? Build a relationship through diplomacy or use relationships to get what you want, like access or cooperation.
- Witnesses Who Lies: Some people may give false information. Cross-referencing and supporting statements with evidence are good ways to make sure they are true.
- Hidden Evidence: Important evidence could be well hidden. Use thorough search methods and think about using specialised tools to find things that are hidden.
- Time Constraints: Investigating quickly can make it less thorough. Set priorities, pay attention to key leads, and use your time well.
- Infiltrating Dangerous Areas: Being careful is needed when investigating dangerous areas. Make sure you have the right safety gear, and think about getting help from professionals.
- Lack of Cooperation: People may not want to share information. Use your skills at persuasion and negotiation to get them to trust you and work with you.
As you make your way into Rivington in the third and final act of Baldur’s Gate 3, you may come across a homeowner who is screaming bloody murder about a family of refugees who have been squatting in his empty home. They have been living there for some time. This is only the beginning of a quest that will grind your gears and make you lose a little bit of faith in the people of Baldur’s Gate. As frustrating (and as realistic) as that may sound, it is only the beginning of a quest that will do that.
Questions and Answers
It is reasonable, in spite of Arfur’s nefarious means, to take his side as long as the squatters are treated in a just manner. The decision to kill them, on the other hand, is one that works best for playthroughs that are centred on an evil path.
Despite the fact that it was previously stated that all companions would have the potential to be romantic interests, Jaheira is not one of the romanceable options in BG3. Given that this individual is a well-established piece of lore, it is easy to understand why this would be the case. However, just like with any other member of the party, you can still earn approval and disapproval from them.
In the third installment of the Baldur’s Gate series, you must locate an Eldritch Rune that is concealed nearby in order to save Shadowheart. After that, you can insert this into the console that’s located near her mind flayer pod, which will then give you the ability to use it to save Shadowheart.
You can invite Jaheira to be a playable follower, but she will not remain by your side permanently if you do so. It is highly recommended that you do this, as giving her the ability to act as an NPC will increase the likelihood of her being killed. Keep moving forward in the same manner as before until you have defeated Ketheric Thorm on the rooftops.