This article will show you how to Change Google Voice Number. People who use Google Voice can change their phone numbers quickly and easily for a small fee of $10. At this price, you can pick a new area code and look for a number using both letters and numbers. This is very helpful for people who just moved into a new area code and want to keep their local phone number. Great for anyone who wants to make their phone number unique.
People are used to making calls on their phones, so the idea of making a call on something else, like a computer, seems strange. Google Voice is one of the best services that makes this possible. Google Voice lets you forward all your calls to a single phone number. This service lets you make and receive calls on any device, including all Android and iOS devices through a dedicated app and on the web using one of our favorite Chromebooks. We mentioned below are the steps how to Change Google Voice Number.
1. How to Change Your Google Voice NumberNext Section
- Go to voice.google.com on your computer and make sure you’re signed into your Google account.
- Click the Menu button in the top left corner of your screen, then click Legacy Google Voice. Even though the page you go to will look different, this is where the change needs to be made.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, click Settings and then Settings again.
- Click the Phones tab, and then next to your current phone number, click the Change/Port button. Choose “I want a new number” and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- When the process and payment are done, you will get an email with instructions on how to move forward.
2. How to port your cell phone to a Google Voice accountNext Section
- Go to the Google Voice home page.
- Use the menu in the top left corner of your screen to find Legacy Google Voice.
- Click the gear-shaped icon for Settings, and then click Settings again. Then, click the tab called Phones.
- Click Change/Port next to your current Google Voice number, then choose “I want to use my mobile number.”
- Do what it tells you to do to set up your new number and finish paying. Once the process is done, you’ll have to set up the phones to receive calls. It can take between 48 and 96 hours to port your number.
3. What is Google Voice?Next Section
Google Voice is a VOIP service that lets you make calls using the internet connection on your phone (either Wi-Fi or cellular). You can use the service to send SMS messages and make free calls to other U.S. numbers. If you want to call someone in another country, you can use Google Voice for a small fee. If you miss a call, the app will also send you a transcription of your voicemail. You can get a Google Voice account and a personal number if you have a Gmail account, an active cell phone number, and live in the U.S. Since the app is on the Google Play Store, the App Store, and the web, you can use Google Voice on both your computer and your phone.