How to Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows PC: Through the use of the Xbox Game Bar, you are able to gain access to a variety of features in a brisk and uncomplicated manner without having to completely pause the game. It might seem like a trivial addition to your PC gaming experience at first, but if you customize it to meet all of your requirements in an optimal manner, it has the potential to become an extremely helpful tool for you. For gamers, the Xbox Game Bar is an excellent utility for taking screenshots and recording clips, but the shortcuts that are predefined on the keyboard are awkward. You’ll be happy to know that these timesaving techniques are simple to adapt to your preferences.
The Xbox game bar can be activated, gameplay clips can be recorded, and any other tool function can be triggered by using the shortcuts on the game bar. You’ll be able to access these features with the touch of a button after you’ve customized the shortcut keys, though. The Xbox Game Bar is something that a lot of gamers take for granted or only use the most fundamental features of. If, on the other hand, you are interested in learning more about the Xbox Game Bar and the ways in which you can customize it to create the ideal gaming experience for yourself, then the information how to Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows PC here.
What is Xbox Game Bar?
The Xbox Game Bar is a gaming overlay that is built into Windows 10 and can be customized. It is compatible with the majority of PC games. It grants you instant access to more functionality without requiring you to exit the game you’re playing. These features include the ability to capture and share your screen, engage in cross-platform chat with friends on Xbox consoles, mobile devices, and PCs, and improve your gaming performance with the brand new Razer Cortex widget.
The Xbox Game Bar is a gaming overlay that is integrated into Windows 11 and Windows 10. It was developed by Microsoft to give us the ability to use a variety of widgets while we are playing games on our personal computers. You can access the widgets in the Xbox Game Bar by using a simple keyboard shortcut called Win + G. These widgets allow you to capture game clips, take screenshots, find friends, monitor and manage performance, and a variety of other things without having to exit the game you are currently playing.
How to Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows PC
In Xbox Game Bar Settings
- To begin customizing the Xbox Game Bar in the Game Bar Settings, you must first open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Win key and the G key simultaneously. This will cause the Xbox Game Bar to appear.
- After that, you will need to select the Settings button, which is denoted by a gear icon and can be located on the Home bar of the interface. Click on the Settings button.
- After that, navigate to the Settings menu and select the Shortcut option located on the left-hand side.
- If you want to create a keyboard shortcut for an action that is unique to your preferences, you will need to click or tap in the shortcut field that corresponds to the action. After that, you are required to press the Ctrl, Alt, or Shift key, along with at least one other key that corresponds to the function you wish to perform.
- You are able to delete a custom keyboard shortcut that you have assigned to an action by first clicking in the shortcut field that contains the shortcut that you want to delete and then clicking on the X button that is located to the right of that field.
- If you have finished customizing the keyboard shortcuts for the Game bar, you must now click the Save button that is located at the bottom of the page in order for the adjustments that you have made to take effect. You can find the Save button by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
Default Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar
- To activate the game bar, you must simultaneously press the Windows logo key and the G key on your keyboard.
- You have to press the Windows logo key, the Alt key, and the PrintScreen key simultaneously in order to take a screenshot of your game.
- Pressing the Windows logo key, the Alt key, and the G key simultaneously will allow you to record the most recent few seconds of gameplay. You can also change the amount of time that is recorded by going to the Windows Settings menu, selecting Gaming, and then selecting the Capture option.
- You need to press the Windows logo key in combination with the Alt key and the R key in order to start or stop recording.
- You can start or stop the recording of your microphone by pressing the Windows logo key, followed by the Alt key, and then the M key.
- You will need to press the Ctrl and Tab keys together in order to move between open widgets.
- To move around inside of a widget, you need to press the Tab key on your keyboard.
- Open the Settings menu on your device.
- Tap or click on the Gaming icon.
- Select Game Bar on the left side of the screen.
- Tap or click in the shortcut field you want to change.
- Create a personalized keyboard shortcut for an action by pressing Ctrl, Alt, or Shift key in addition to at least one other key.
- Delete a customized keyboard shortcut for an action by clicking or tapping in the shortcut field you want to delete, and then clicking or tapping on the X button to the right of that field. Go to the Shortcuts section of the Actions menu to do this.
- Select the Save button located at the bottom of the page to save your adjustments.
- Delete all of your most recent changes by clicking the “Reset” button on the toolbar. Note that this will not return all of the shortcuts on the keyboard to their original settings.
- To accomplish this, manually delete each shortcut field you want, and then click the Save button when you are finished.
Why Customize Xbox Game Bar?
- A Gaming Experience That Is Tailored To You Customizing the Game Bar gives you the ability to tailor it to your particular gaming requirements. It is possible to customize the experience to better suit your preferred method of gaming by incorporating new features, keyboard shortcuts, and widgets.
- Efficiency: You can have quick access to the functions and features you use the most frequently by customizing the Game Bar, which saves you time and effort while you are playing the game.
- Enhanced Productivity: The Game Bar can be customized to include productivity tools or shortcuts, making it a versatile tool that can be used for both gaming and work-related activities. This is in addition to the fact that it can be used to play games.
- Personalization: Through the use of customization, you have the ability to personalize the appearance of the Game Bar, making it more aesthetically pleasing and more in line with your preferences.
- Performance Enhancement: By customizing the Game Bar, you can prioritize and assign system resources in a more efficient manner, ensuring that it does not interfere with your gaming performance. This results in performance enhancement.
- Streamlined Controls: The ability to customize the Game Bar enables you to assign hotkeys and shortcuts to a variety of functions, which makes it simpler for you to control your game, capture content, or communicate with other players while you are gaming.
System Requirements for Xbox Game Bar
|System Requirement||Minimum Requirements||Recommended Requirements|
|Operating System||Windows 10 (Version 17134.0 or higher)||Windows 10 (Version 1903 or higher)|
|Processor||1.5 GHz dual-core processor||3.5 GHz quad-core processor|
|RAM||4 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics||Integrated graphics with DirectX 12 support||Discrete graphics with DirectX 12 support|
|Storage||7200 RPM HDD or SSD with 100 GB of free space||SSD with 100 GB of free space|
|Internet Connection||Broadband internet connection||Broadband internet connection|
|Xbox Live Account||Required||Required|
|Xbox Game Pass (optional)||Subscription required||Subscription recommended|
Questions and Answers
Pressing the Windows logo key plus the letter G will open the Game Bar; from there, select Settings to access your Game Bar settings. Listed below are some examples of preferences that can be altered by the user: The accounts – Sign in with the Microsoft account you use for other cool gaming features and Xbox Social when you sign in to get those benefits.
You can take advantage of everything that Crosshair X has to offer on Xbox Game Bar by integrating a personalized crosshair into the games you play most often. In the Xbox Game Bar, make sure the Crosshair X Extension widget is turned on. To access the extension in the Xbox Game Bar, press the Windows Key in combination with the letter G on your keyboard, and then activate the extension from the Widget Menu.
You can control how vibrant and bright you want the colors in your game to be with the help of the Auto HDR intensity slider. You have the ability to adjust the slider to your liking in games with colors that are either extremely bright or extremely dim in order to get the most out of the Auto HDR experience.