Does your devices home screen showing ‘Google Search Bar Widget Missing’ Issue? This problem could be caused by a number of things, such as the widget being deleted by accident, old system software, or a bug in the mobile operating system. Android phones usually have it on the home screen. We can go straight to the search bar with this widget. We can either type our question or ask it by voice.
On the other hand, some Android users say that this widget isn’t showing up on their screens. Google Search bar is a search widget built into the Google app that lets users search for anything from their home screen. From the home screen, users can look for nearby restaurants, live sports scores, movie times, the latest news, and other information. It is on the home screen of all new Android phones.
But you won’t be able to search with Google if the search bar widget isn’t on your home screen. Almost every Android phone you buy will have the Google Search bar widget right on the main screen. Here are a few things you can do to put the Google Search bar back on the home screen of your smartphone if you accidentally took it off. We mentioned below are the ways to fix ‘Google Search Bar Widget Missing’ Issue
How To Fix ‘Google Search Bar Widget Missing’ Issue on windows
Update Your Windows to the Latest Version
If it’s been a long time since you updated your computer, now might be a good time. Your Windows search bar might work again after you update Windows.
- Press Win + I to open the Settings app, and then choose Windows Update from the list of options on the right. Click the blue button that says “Check for updates.“
- Windows will show you an Install now button if it finds any new updates. Click on it and wait until the updates are done being installed.
You should never have to do this again to fix the Windows search bar. But if all else fails, it’s a good way to reset Windows and make it work like new.
Press Win+I, then go to System > Recovery by clicking around. Click the button that says “Reset PC.”
You will now be asked if you want to delete all files or keep them. If you want Windows to be as good as new, choose the option to remove everything. If not, click the “Keep my files” button.
Restart the Windows Search Service
If your Windows search bar still doesn’t work, you might be able to fix it by restarting the Windows Search service.
- Type services.msc and press Enter after pressing Win+R. When you do this, the Services console will show up. Find the Windows Search service and double-click on it.
- This will open the Properties window for the service. Click the button that says Stop. Click the Start button when the service stops.
- Now try using the search bar and see if it works.
Restart Windows Search Bar Process
When you aren’t using the Windows search bar, the process for the search bar is put on hold in the background. When you start typing in the search bar, the process starts on its own. But if something goes wrong with it, your search bar won’t work. But the good news is that it’s easy to start over.
- To open the Task Manager and switch to the Details tab, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Find something called SearchHost.exe. Right-click on it and choose the “End process” option.
- Click the search button in the Windows 11 taskbar once you’re done with the task (the magnifying glass). It should work now, we hope.
Check If the Windows Search Bar Is Enabled
You could choose to hide the search bar in Windows 11, but when you first started up the operating system, it was already there. As part of Windows 11’s new look, Microsoft has removed the search bar from the taskbar by default. So if you just upgraded, you won’t see a search bar on your taskbar at all.
- Start by pressing Win + I to open the Settings app. Then, press I to turn it on. Choose Personalize from the menu on the left. Next, move to the right side of the window and click Taskbar.
- Make sure that the button next to Search in the Taskbar items section is turned on on the next screen.
- In Windows 11, the search bar doesn’t look like a bar like it does in Windows 11. It looks like a search icon on a button next to the Windows button.
Use the Windows Search Troubleshooter
If your Windows search bar still doesn’t work, you can use the troubleshooter that comes with Windows.
- Press Win+I to open the Settings app, then go to the left sidebar and click System. Choose Troubleshoot from the right pane. Select Other troubleshooters from the list of options.
- Find the Search and Indexing troubleshooter on the next screen and click the Run button next to it.
- When the troubleshooter starts, Windows will show you a list of problems and ask you to choose the ones you’re having. Check the boxes next to the problems you’re having and click “Next.”
- If the troubleshooter finds any problems, it will either fix them for you or tell you that they can’t be fixed automatically.
Rebuild the Windows Search Index
Windows 11 uses a search index to give you results quickly when you search for something. But if the index is broken, the Windows search bar might stop working. Rebuilding the search index is not as hard as it might sound.
- Press Win + I to open the Settings app, then click on Privacy & security in the left sidebar. Click on Searching Windows in the right pane.
- Scroll to the bottom of the next screen and click on Advanced indexing options. This will open the window for setting up indexing.
- Click the button at the bottom of the window that says “Advanced.” Click the Rebuild button in the Advanced Options window.
- When you are asked to confirm, click OK.
How To Fix ‘Google Search Bar Widget Missing’ Issue on Android Phone
Install Google App on your Android device
You can also download the Google Search app from the Play Store and use that instead of the Google Search bar widget on your phone.
- Open Play Store
- In the search bar, type Google
- You can see the Google App
- Tap on Install
Update the System Software
Because of bugs in the way Android OS is put together, you may find that the Google Search Bar widget disappears. It might not even be on the list of widgets. So, try to keep the system up to date and install any new updates that are available for your Android device.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to System.
- Then tap on System Update.
- The device will search for an available update.
- If one is available, then you will be prompted to install the same.
Install the Google Search bar widget Manually
Users of the Android OS can choose which widgets they want on the home screen of their device. You can also change the look of the Google Search bar widget.
- Long press on the Home Screen to open the home screen settings page.
- Tap on Widgets.
- Under the Widgets gallery, the widgets for various apps and services are listed alphabetically.
- Press the navigation bar and scroll down to widgets seating with alphabet G.
- You will see the Google Search Bar widget is listed.
- Press and hold the widget to drag and drop it on any part of the home screen according to your choice.
- You can even resize the widget as per your likeness.
Use Google Chrome Browser
If you have an Android phone, you’ve probably seen that the Chrome browser app has a Google search bar built in. It’s the same as the Google search bar widget you have on the home screen of your device. Most Android phones and tablets come with the Chrome browser app already on them.
- Open the Chrome browser app.
- You will see the search bar in it.
- It even has a voice input through which you can speak up regarding anything and see the search results.
Use Google Assistant
You can use Google Assistant if you don’t like to have too many widgets on your home screen. You can easily use voice commands or the buttons on any Bluetooth headset to do this. Then, just ask Google about what you’re looking for, and it will give you the same results as when you use the regular Google Search or the Search Bar widget.
Take a look at the picture above. I just had to say “Hey, Google,” and the Assistant was there. Then you type in your question, and the results will come up right away. You can visit any website that comes up in the search results whenever you want.
If you’ve tried all of these solutions and you’re still having the same problem in your devices, you should go to their official Google support website for more information.
Why is my Google search bar widget not working?
Here are a few of the most famous. Versions of Google Search or Google Chrome that are no longer supported. There are problems with Google Chrome or Google Search. Problems with your operating system at the system level.
Why is my Google search bar missing?
First, make sure your Android or iPhone has the Google app installed. Check to see if it’s turned on on your Android phone as well. Go to Settings > Apps > Google to do this. Tap the “Enable” button if you see it.
How do I restore my Google Search widget?
- Open the Google app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap your Profile picture or the first Settings Search widget in the top right corner. Customize widget.
- Tap Reset to default style at the bottom. Done.
How do I fix the search bar bug?
Click on Start, then Settings. Click Update & Security > Troubleshoot in the Windows Settings menu. Select Search and Indexing under Find and fix other problems. Run the troubleshooter and choose the problems that apply.
How do I restore my Google taskbar?
If you’re using a PC, press F11 on the keyboard. On a Mac, move the mouse to the top left corner of the screen and hold it there for a moment. When the menu bar and a green and red circle show up, click the green circle.
How do I get my Google menu bar back?
To turn it back on, click the menu icon with three dots in the upper right corner, go to Bookmarks, and check the Show bookmarks bar box. To quickly turn on Chrome’s bookmark bar, you can also press Ctrl + Shift + B (on Windows) or Command + Shift + B (on macOS).
Why has my Google search changed?
Changes to your search engine can be a sign that malware has gotten into your browser. A better name for this kind of malware is a browser hijacker. It changes the settings of your browser without your permission.
How do I fix a missing search bar on Google Chrome?
- Exit Full Screen Mode.
- Put the Google Search Bar back in the Extensions menu.
- Turn on the bookmark bar.
- Run a Virus Scan.
- Remove Chrome and reinstall it.