By default, the keyboard of the iPhone (and iPad) makes a clicking sound each time you press a key. If you find iOS keyboard clicks annoying, you are not alone. Fortunately, you may disable them.
In this guide, we are going to present you how to turn off the keyboard sounds of iPhone and iPad.
There are literally 3 ways to mute your iOS keyboard, read on to find out how!
Disable keyboard clicks with the Mute button
The simplest way to rapidly disable keyboard clicks on your iPhone or iPad is to use the Mute slider on the aspect of the machine.
The mute button is the toggle swap on the left aspect of the iPhone, simply above the amount controls.
- Pull the mute button ahead if you’d like your iPhone to make sounds.
- Push it again if you’d like the iPhone to be silent.
- You can inform in case your iPhone is muted as a result of a picture like this may seem displaying you that the ringtone is silent.
Using the iPhone’s mute swap is the quickest and easiest way to cease keyboard sounds; sadly it’s not an ideal resolution.
The Mute swap disappears all of them sound out of your iPhone, together with all of the music you play, game audio and ringtone alerts. So in case you do that, you may have to turn the Mute slider again on whenever you’re executed with the keyboard.
This approach additionally works with some iPads … kind of. Most iPads do have a mute swap, just like the iPhone (it’s positioned on the best, above the amount buttons), however, this swap really has 2 features: the person units it to mute and mute the amount, or the orientation and unlock the display screen (that’s, you may stop the display screen from rotating whenever you rotate the machine).
If your iPad swap is set to lock / unlock the display screen orientation, you want to do the next:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Check below ‘USE SIDE SWITCH TO:’ Mute.
You can use the mute button when taking screenshots on the prepare – or folks would possibly assume you are photographing them …
Disable keyboard clicks with the amount buttons
By default, the keyboard clicking sound is linked to the remainder of the iOS machine quantity settings. So you may turn off the press sound of the keyboard on an iPhone or iPad by merely turning down the amount. That’s how you do this:
- Tap and maintain the Volume down setting.
- You also can slide up from the underside of the display screen to show Control Center and use the amount slider. Slide it down to mute the amount. (If you’re utilizing an iPhone X, you may entry the Control Center as follows).
While this system works on each the iPad and iPhone, it additionally reduces and mutes the opposite audio on your machine. So you can’t hear to music or app audio.
Disable keyboard clicks with Settings
The greatest approach to disable keyboard clicks on an iPhone or iPad is to use the Sound choices in Settings. To disable keyboard clicks in Settings:
- Tap Settings> Sounds and haptics.
- Scroll down to see keyboard clicks.
- Set Keyboard Clicks to Off.
By utilizing the choices within the Sounds part of Settings, you may mute the keyboard clicks on the iOS machine, however, nonetheless hear different audio comparable to music and app sounds.