Have you ever wanted to keep track of your iTunes purchases or needed to redownload an app that’s no longer in the App Store? Or perhaps, you need to identify fraudulent purchases made on your account? Luckily, there’s an easy way to view and download your iTunes purchase history.
In this article, we’ll show you how to access your Apple account information page to review your purchase history and how to download previous purchases you’ve made.
But first, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your Mac or PC.
Additionally, you can even see previously purchased items that have been removed from the App Store, but for iTunes, it’s not possible anymore.
How to View Your iTunes Purchase History
While you can locate your previously downloaded apps on your iOS device, you’ll need to use iTunes on your Mac or PC to get an overview of your entire purchase history, including music, movies, books, ringtones, and more.
Here’s how to view your iTunes purchase history:
- Open iTunes and sign in to your Apple account by clicking on Account > Sign In if you haven’t already.
- Click on Account > View My Account and verify your Apple ID password.
- On the Account Information page, scroll down to Purchase History and click on View All – this should be located to the right of your most recent purchase. After a few seconds, your full purchase history should appear.
- To review a specific purchase, click on the arrow to the left of the order date. You’ll find information, including a comprehensive breakdown of individual items within a specific purchase, as well as the date, order number, invoice number, and other relevant data.
How to Download Previous iTunes Purchases on Mac and PC
Now that you can see all of your previous purchases, let’s learn how to download them. The process is different for Mac/PC and iOS devices, so we’ve split this section into two parts:
Here’s how you can download previous purchases made on your Mac and PC:
- Launch iTunes and ensure your Apple ID is signed in (as shown above).
- From the menu bar, click on Account > Purchased.
- Your purchases should appear in a list. Choose ‘Not in My Library’ and select the category of your purchase such as music, movies, TV shows, apps, or audiobooks.
- You can also use the search bar on the left to find purchases by their name. Once you find the purchase you want to download again, click on the download button (cloud with an arrow pointing down) to initiate the download process.
How to Download Previous iTunes Purchases on iOS
Download iTunes Store apps using your iOS device. Here’s how:
- Open the App Store app on your iOS device.
- In the menu bar at the bottom of the page, select “Updates.”
- Select “Purchased” > “Not on this iPhone” to browse your previously purchased apps.
- Once you find the app you want to download again, tap the download icon located on the right side of its listing.
Music, Movies, and TV Shows
- Open the iTunes Store app on your iOS device.
- From the menu bar at the bottom of the page, select “More” > “Purchased.”
- Choose the media type you’re looking for – music, movies, or TV shows.
- Select “Not on this iPhone” and locate the media you want to download.
- Tap on the item to open its iTunes listing and then click the download button to initiate the download process.
By following these simple steps, you can view and download any of your previous iTunes purchases easily.
iTunes Purchase History FAQs
1. Can’t view purchase history on iTunes, what to do?
If you’re having trouble viewing your purchase history on iTunes, make sure you have the latest version installed on your Mac or PC. Also, check if you are logged in to the correct account. If none of the above work, try contacting Apple Support for further assistance.
2. How far back does iTunes purchase history go?
Your iTunes purchase history goes as far back as the date when you created your account. You can view your entire purchase history at any time.