Are you curious about how to upgrade weapons in Lords of the Fallen? The process of improving one’s arsenal is an essential part of playing a game like Souls, and the newest dark fantasy offering from Hexworks is no exception to this rule. In most cases, you will require the assistance of a blacksmith who can be found in the hub area in order to improve your weapons. You will be put to the test as you face off against a variety of foes, including bosses, in Lords of the Fallen. You can increase your effectiveness in combat against foes by levelling up your statistics, but that is just one of the tools at your disposal.
The second advantage that helps you dominate your opponents is the ability to improve your weapons, which is especially helpful if you do not belong to a spellcasting class. You won’t immediately have access to the option to upgrade your weapons because it is something that you will need to work towards achieving.The ability to improve your arsenal is a staple of most games in the Soulslike genre, and Lords of the Fallen is in no way an exception to this rule.
On the other hand, access to this critically important feature won’t be granted to you until much later in the game. Instead, you will have to search for a blacksmith by the name of Gerlinde in an early game area called Pilgrim’s Perch and free her from captivity there in order to complete this quest. The following is an explanation of how to upgrade weapons in Lords of the Fallen.
Location of Gerlinde the Blacksmith
Gerlinde the Blacksmith is in the Altus Plateau region, which is in the northeastern part of Elden Ring’s map. You can find her forge in the area around Altus Highway South, just south of Windmill Village and east of the site of grace at Erdtree-Gazing Hill. Following the main road north from Erdtree-Gazing Hill will get you to Gerlinde. If you want to make the trip more difficult, you can go around the nearby hills and cliffs. By the time you get to Gerlinde’s forge, she will already be there and ready to help you with anything you need. She can make new gear, improve your old gear, and even give your old gear special abilities.
How to upgrade weapons in Lords of the Fallen
- Get to the “Pilgrim’s Perch Bellroom/Vestige of Blind Agatha” checkpoint by moving forward in the game.
- If you can get into the lift next to it, use it. If not, keep going along the important path until you get to that lift from the bottom.
- When you get off the lift, turn left and go down the ladder right next to you on your left.
- You’ll be in a lower pit with some dogs that will attack you.
- After the dogs are taken care of, there will be a cage with the mad blacksmith Gerlinde inside. To leave, she needs the Prison Cell Key.
- To get the Prison Cell Key, you have to kill Gentle Gaverus, Mistress of Hounds, who is at the end of the path when you come out of the lift and turn right.
- Give Gerlinde the Prison Cell Key when you get back to her.
- To get back to the Skyrest Bridge hub area, go back and look to your left. Gerlinde will be working up the stairs there.
- You can buy some things from Gerlinde, and she can also improve your gear and weapons if you pay her in Vigour and Deralium.
Types of Weapons and Their Upgrade Paths
|Weapon Type||Upgrade Path||Benefits|
|Normal Weapons||Smithing Stones||Higher damage scaling, increased durability|
|Special Weapons||Somber Smithing Stones||Unique weapon abilities, increased base damage|
Common Mistakes to Avoid in the Upgrade Process
- Ignoring Gear Compatibility: Ensure that the gear you’re upgrading is compatible with your character’s class and playstyle. Upgrading the wrong gear might not provide the desired benefits.
- Neglecting Resource Management: Keep track of the resources required for upgrades. Avoid spending valuable materials on low-tier equipment or unnecessary enhancements.
- Rushing Upgrades: Take time to assess your options before upgrading. Rushing upgrades without considering long-term benefits may lead to wasted resources.
- Overlooking Weapon Specialization: Each weapon type has unique attributes. Avoid upgrading a weapon that doesn’t align with your preferred combat style or character build.
- Ignoring Enemy Weaknesses: Upgrade weapons based on the weaknesses of common enemies. Focusing on the wrong attributes may hinder your progress in battles.
- Skipping Skill Tree Upgrades: Don’t solely focus on gear upgrades; invest in your character’s skill tree. Neglecting skills can limit your combat effectiveness and overall progression.
- Forgetting to Save Before Upgrades: Save your progress before major upgrades. This precautionary measure can prevent irreversible mistakes or undesired outcomes during the enhancement process.
Community Insights and Strategies for Weapon Upgrades
- How the Upgrade System Works: Learn how to use the Lords of the Fallen weapon upgrade system, including what materials and money you’ll need.
- Be Smart About Your Weapon Choice: People in the community often stress how important it is to choose a weapon that fits the way you like to play. There are different ways to fight with different weapons.
- Put preferred attributes first: When you level up, you should focus on improving traits that go well with how your character is built. This could mean adding elemental effects, doing more damage, or speeding things up.
- Look around and collect resources: The community often says to do a lot of exploring to find resources for upgrades. You can find useful things in hidden places and by beating tough enemies.
- Diversify your upgrades: Some players say that instead of focusing on just one weapon, upgrades should be spread out across several. This could give you more options in a fight.
- Rare materials should be saved for special weapons: Save rare or limited upgrade materials for weapons that are one-of-a-kind or that you plan to use throughout the game. This makes sure that your favourite gear works as well as it can.
Lords Of The Fallen Gameplay
In the universe of “Lords of the Fallen,” players take part in an action-packed journey in which they are in charge of a character seen from a third-person perspective. The player has the option of using powerful melee weapons or becoming a master of magic to fight their enemies, taking cues from other challenging games such as Soulslike. The game even includes a cooperative mode, in which players can combine their resources and work together to finish the main campaign.
|Platform||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S|
|Release date||13 October 2023|
Questions and Answers
You can choose a weapon and forge it to make a new one, or you can use that weapon as a base to make it stronger. In either case, you will need money and materials. Depending on the weapon chosen, the materials needed and the stat boosts will be different.
One of the best guns in the game is without a doubt the Stake Launcher. But it does have a few major flaws, even though it can be very powerful. Just remember that the stake only fires one shot, so be sure that you’ll hit your target when you fire it.
Each character is great in their own way, but Remi is the best hero for you to use when you’re by yourself. She is the most well-rounded character because of her skills and cool bomber jacket.
These changed nukes do a lot more damage than the mini nukes, which makes the Nuka-nuke launcher one of the strongest weapons in the game. The “Cappy in a Haystack” quest is what you need to finish to get this weapon.