If you’re a proud owner of Apple’s HomePod, then Siri is the central hub of this smart speaker. Although it’s a bit more limited than Siri on the iPhone, Siri can still handle a lot of tasks for you. iOS 12, due to release later in the year, will bring with it several new capabilities and better integration with third-party apps.
While we’re all waiting for that update, here are some of the fun things you can ask Siri on your HomePod:
Siri can help you with all sorts of things related to music, from playing your favorite tracks to helping you discover new artists. Here are some of the voice commands you can try:
- “Hey Siri, play some music.”
- “Hey Siri, what song is this?”
- “Hey Siri, play more from this artist.”
- “Hey Siri, play some upbeat rock music.”
- “Hey Siri, play a playlist of Arcade Fire.”
- “Hey Siri, play Let it Go.”
- “Hey Siri, what’s U2’s most recent album?”
- “Hey Siri, play the latest song from Ed Sheeran.”
Check out our article on how to get the music to play on the HomePod and how to use it without an Apple Music subscription.
Volume and Playback Controls
Siri can also help you control the volume and playback of your music. Here are some commands to try:
- “Hey Siri, make the sound louder.”
- “Hey Siri, turn up the volume.”
- “Hey Siri, pause.”
Need directions or recommendations for your local area? Siri can help with that too! Here are some commands to try:
- “Hey Siri, where is the nearest fish and chip store?”
- “Hey Siri, what time does the grocery store close?”
- “Hey Siri, where is the nearest coffee shop?”
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and happenings with Siri. Try these commands:
- “Hey Siri, what’s in the news?”
- “Hey Siri, what’s Apple’s stock price?”
- “Hey Siri, what teams are playing in the World Cup?”
Siri can help you find out what movies are on or when your favorite show is airing. Here are some commands to try:
- “Hey Siri, what time is Black Panther on?”
- “Hey Siri, what movies are on?”
And there you have it! Try out these fun commands on your HomePod and see how Siri can make your life easier and more entertaining.
For more HomePod tips and troubleshooting guides, check out our website. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more exciting updates and articles.
1. Can I use Siri on my HomePod to control third-party apps?
Yes, with the release of iOS 12, you can use Siri on your HomePod to control third-party apps using the new Shortcuts app.
2. Can I use Siri on my HomePod to make phone calls?
Yes, you can make phone calls using Siri on your HomePod. Just say “Hey Siri, call ” and Siri will initiate the call for you.