Disk2vhd is a simple P2V (physical to virtual) option that lets you clone logical volumes, not disks, into VHD or VHDX files. But it’s important to note that its main goal is not to consistently keep disk layouts. This application is in the area of backup and synchronization, and it lets users turn physical systems into virtual ones.
If you’re looking for replacements to Disk2vhd, there are six good ones for Windows, Mac, Linux, the web, and Android. Clonezilla is a great option because it is both free and open-source. Users can clone and image disks quickly and easily with Clonezilla. This makes it a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable option for Disk2vhd. Also, alternatives like Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office, MiniTool ShadowMaker, Gizmo Drive, and BackupChain have good features that meet the needs and tastes of different users.
Why Look for Alternatives?
Even though Disk2vhd does what it’s supposed to do well, there are a few reasons why you might want to look for something else. Some users may need more backup and recovery choices, faster disk imaging, or software that works on more than one platform. Also, some options may have easier-to-use interfaces, which makes the disk-to-virtual conversion process faster and easier to understand.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Disk2vhd Alternatives
Before you start looking at the options, think about the following when making your choice:
- Compatibility: Make sure that the alternative software works with your operating system and the kinds of disks you want to change.
- Features: Look for features that fit your needs, such as incremental backups, compression, encryption, and planned backups.
- Performance: To keep downtime to a minimum during the conversion process, choose a tool that can image disks quickly and reliably.
Best Disk2vhd Alternatives
Disk2vhd is a popular tool for creating VHDs from physical disks. It’s useful, but there may be better options. To help you choose, we’ll review the top Disk2vhd alternatives, outlining their benefits and cons.
Clonezilla is an open-source disk copying and cloning program that is well-known for how well it works. It works with many different file systems and storage devices, making it a flexible choice for converting disks to VHD. Clonezilla can copy both a single drive and multiple drives, and it can do simultaneous photography to speed things up.
- Open-source and free to use
- High compatibility with different file systems
- Fast and reliable disk imaging
- Command-line interface may be intimidating for some users
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is a complete data safety solution that goes beyond simple disk imaging. It has a lot of features, such as backup, disk cloning, safety against malware, and more. The software is easy to use for both new and experienced users because it has a simple design.
- User-friendly interface
- Robust malware protection
- Cloud backup and sync capabilities
- Premium software with additional features available at a cost
Users of Windows operating systems can benefit from the trustworthy disk imaging and backup solution provided by MiniTool ShadowMaker. It makes the creation and management of disk images very simple, which protects your data from the possibility of hardware failures as well as other types of catastrophes. Backups of files and folders, as well as disk cloning, are also available as additional functions of the software.
- Intuitive user interface
- Reliable disk imaging and backup
- Multiple backup options
- Advanced features only available in the paid version
Users are able to create disk images, backup files, and easily restore systems with the help of AOMEI Backupper, which is a feature-rich backup and recovery software with a lot of options. It includes system migration and PXE boot for network booting, in addition to compatibility for a variety of storage media, such as SSDs and external drives.
- User-friendly interface
- Comprehensive backup and restore options
- PXE boot for network booting
- Some advanced features are locked behind the paid version
EaseUS Todo Backup
The best way to get your hands on a copy of the book is to read it. The software is compatible with a wide variety of storage media and provides a “smart backup” feature, which enables users to set up automatic backups depending on a variety of parameters that they define.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Smart backup for automated backups
- Pre-OS recovery environment for emergencies
- Some advanced features are available in the paid versions only
Questions and Answers
A: Some of the alternatives mentioned, like Clonezilla, have free versions that have only the most basic features. But some advanced features might only be available in a paid form.
A: No, most of the options on the list are only compatible with Windows. You can, however, look into other tools that are made for macOS or Linux.
A: Yes, the disk images made by these options can be used to make virtual machines on virtualization systems that are compatible with them.