It “emulates Internet Explorer by using the IE rendering engine directly within Chrome,” which is how the IE Tab extension is defined. This is an application in the web browsers category that will allow you to use ActiveX controls and test your websites with multiple versions of Internet Explorer (IE6, IE7, IE8, or IE9). Additionally, this will allow you to test your websites with different versions of Google Chrome. There are two different browsers that can be used as an alternative to Internet Explorer Tab. These platforms include Chrome OS, Firefox, Google Chrome, Pale Moon, and online/web-based platforms. The most suitable replacement is Open With because it is not only cost-free but also Open Source. Below, we have mentioned the best IE Tab Alternatives.
Why Look for IE Tab Alternatives?
Users may explore for alternatives to IE Tab for a number of different reasons. The following are some examples of common reasons:
- Compatibility: Even though IE Tab is made to work with Internet Explorer, it might not work with all websites or programs. Some websites might have specific needs or features that IE Tab doesn’t fully support. When this happens, users may need different options that work better with the websites or apps they want to use.
- Performance: IE Tab may work differently depending on the user’s system and how it is set up. Using IE Tab can slow down your browser speed or use more resources in some situations. Users who want to browse the web faster and more efficiently may choose to use other options that work better.
- Browser Limitations: Chrome and Firefox are the main browsers that can use IE Tab. Users who prefer other browsers, like Microsoft Edge or Safari, might not be able to use IE Tab or might only be able to use some of its features. By looking for alternatives, users can enjoy IE support no matter what browser they prefer.
- Personal Preference: Some users may just prefer a different layout or way of using websites or apps that only work with Internet Explorer. IE Tab might not have the interface or customization choices you want. By looking into other options, users can find ones that fit with their own preferences.
Factors to Consider When Choosing IE Tab Alternatives
When looking for alternatives to IE Tab, it is essential to take a number of aspects into consideration in order to guarantee that you get the solution that is most suitable to your requirements. The following are important considerations to keep in mind:
- Browser Compatibility: Check to see if the option works with the web browser you usually use. Make sure it works with the browser you usually use, whether that’s Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or something else.
- Feature Set: Check out what the alternative has to offer. Look for options to IE Tab that have the same or similar features or that have extra features that meet your needs. Think about features like the ability to switch between computers easily, the ability to make changes, and support for websites and apps that only work with IE.
- Performance: Think about how well the other option works. Look for options that will let you browse quickly and easily. Read reviews from other users or look at performance benchmarks to get an idea of how well the alternative works generally.
Best IE Tab Alternatives
There are a number of good alternatives to IE Tab, a popular browser extension that lets you view websites that only work in Internet Explorer in other browsers. “IE Tab Multi,” an extension that adds Internet Explorer to your favourite browser and gives it similar features, is a great alternative. Another interesting option is “Firefox Multi-Account Containers,” which lets you keep different browsing sessions in separate containers, including an Internet Explorer container for compatibility.
IE Tab for Chrome
The IE Tab for Chrome extension is a trustworthy alternative that brings the functionality of Internet Explorer directly into the Chrome browser. This plugin produces a seamless transition between the rendering engines of Chrome and Internet Explorer. As a result, users are able to browse web pages and applications that were developed exclusively for IE even while they are utilizing Chrome. By adding the IE Tab for Chrome extension to Chrome, you can combine the speed and compatibility of Chrome with the rendering capabilities of Internet Explorer. This could give you the best of both worlds in terms of web browsers.
- Provides compatibility for IE-dependent websites and applications
- Offers a familiar browsing experience for IE users within Chrome
- Limited to Chrome browser only
Edge in IE mode
Microsoft Edge is a cutting-edge web browser that, when used in Internet Explorer mode, offers a novel alternative that combines the capabilities of both of those browsers. This function enables users of the Edge browser to switch to Internet Explorer mode within the Edge browser, which provides compatibility for websites and programs that are dependent on IE. In Internet Explorer mode, Microsoft Edge provides a comprehensive browsing experience that is upgraded both in terms of security and performance. This mode also ensures a smooth transition between the two browsers.
- Eliminates the need for standalone IE installations
- Provides a familiar interface for IE users within the Edge browser
- Limited to the Microsoft Edge browser
IE Tab for Firefox
The IE Tab for Firefox extension is a flexible add-on that allows the Firefox web browser to function in the same manner as Internet Explorer. When using this option, users of Firefox are able to transition easily to the Internet Explorer rendering engine when accessing websites or programs that are exclusive to IE. Users who prefer Firefox but want IE compatibility for some jobs can benefit from IE Tab for Firefox, which provides a dependable solution to this problem.
- Offers a familiar browsing experience for IE users within Firefox
- Compatible with various Firefox extensions and settings
- Limited to Firefox browser only
IETab Pro is an all-encompassing replacement for Internet Explorer’s Tabs that is compatible with a variety of browsers, including Chrome and Firefox. Users are able to make a smooth transition to Internet Explorer mode within their favourite browser thanks to this feature. Users are able to access websites and programs that require Internet Explorer (IE) without the need for separate installations or standalone IE browsers when they utilize IETab Pro.
- Provides a seamless browsing experience with integrated IE functionality
- Eliminates the need for standalone IE installations
- Some features may be limited compared to native IE installations
IE9 Compatibility View
Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) comes equipped with a feature called IE9 Compatibility View, which mimics the behaviour of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) when it comes to rendering web pages. Users who require compatibility with websites developed for older versions of Internet Explorer will find this alternative to be especially beneficial. Users of Internet Explorer 11 can access and interact with IE9-specific websites without the need for separate installations if they enable the Compatibility View feature in IE11.
- Provides compatibility for IE9-dependent websites and applications
- No additional installations or extensions required
- Limited to Internet Explorer 11 only
IE Tab Lite
Chrome users who just need IE compatibility occasionally can consider using IE Tab Lite because it is a lightweight alternative. With the help of this extension, users can access certain websites or tabs in Chrome using the rendering engine from Internet Explorer. IE Tab Lite is an Internet Explorer add-on that provides a streamlined answer to fundamental compatibility issues for those who do not want substantial IE capabilities.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Does not require extensive IE functionality
- Limited functionality compared to full-fledged IE Tab alternatives
Questions and Answers
Reviewers chose Mimecast Email Security with Targeted Threat Protection, Silo by Authentic8, Symantec Web Security Service, and CylancePROTECT as the best overall alternatives and competitors to IE Tab. We have put together a list of these products.
IE Tab for Chrome is a free extension that works like the rendering engine in Internet Explorer. This lets you view sites that only work in IE without actually starting IE.