If you own a HomePod, you can enhance your listening experience with the touch controls. The touch controls are located on top of the unit and they allow you to control the volume, play/pause music, skip to the next track, or return to the previous track.
To fully utilize your HomePod and understand all its features, continue reading to learn more.
Understanding the HomePod controls
The HomePod touch controls are simple to use and easy to understand. Here is a breakdown of the basic controls:
- To raise the volume, tap the top of the HomePod once. To lower the volume, tap and hold the top of the HomePod.
- To play or pause music, tap the top of the HomePod once.
- To skip to the next track, tap the top of the HomePod twice.
- To return to the previous track, tap the top of the HomePod three times.
Tips for using Touch Controls
There are additional ways to use the HomePod touch controls to maximize your user experience:
- You can also use Siri to control the HomePod with just your voice. Simply say the command out loud and the HomePod will respond.
- To mute the HomePod, place your hand on top of the device until you hear a tone signaling that the device is muted.
- If you have multiple HomePods, you can sync them together to play music in different rooms at the same time.
By using these tips and touch controls, you can fully enjoy your HomePod device and all its features.
1. Can I control my HomePod using my iPhone?
Yes, you can control your HomePod using your iPhone or iPad by opening the Home app and selecting your HomePod. From there, you can adjust the volume, pause/play music, and skip to the next or previous track.
2. Can I use the HomePod touch controls while wearing gloves?
Yes, the HomePod touch controls are responsive to touch even if you are wearing gloves. However, it may take a little more pressure to activate the controls.