This article will show you how to Transfer Netflix Profiles. If you use someone else’s Netflix account without permission, the coming crackdown on sharing passwords may scare you. The streaming service hasn’t said exactly how that will happen yet, but if you want to switch before your access is cut off, you can move a profile to your own subscription and keep all your recommendations, watch list, and other information.
With more than 200 million paying subscribers, Netflix is one of the biggest streaming services in the world. But the company’s growth has slowed down, and in 2022, it lost a lot of subscribers because of competition from Disney+, HBO Max, Apple TV Plus, and other services. To fix this, Netflix is now working hard to stop people from sharing passwords on its platform, forcing freeloaders to pay up and get their own accounts.
Or, they can pay a small fee to keep using the same account and be counted as part of that household. Netflix has added a new “profile transfer” feature so that you don’t get left high and dry if you choose the first option and get your own account. In this guide, we’ll show you how to move your Netflix account from one account to another. So let’s look at ow to Transfer Netflix Profiles while keeping your suggestions.
1. How to Transfer Netflix ProfilesNext Section
- Use a web browser to sign in to your Netflix account. This feature is only available on the web version of Netflix, so using an app won’t help.
- Click on the profile you use as a member.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner to open a drop-down menu.
- Click the option below Manage Profiles that says Transfer Profile.
- An on-screen prompt will show what will be exported through profile transfer. Click Okay.
- The person who owns the account will get an email to confirm that the profile has been moved.
- Once the account owner gives permission, the member will see new steps and instructions. Click the Next button.
- Type in the email address you want the profile to be moved to. Make sure that this email address is linked to a membership.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to move forward with the process.
- Once the profile transfer is done, the account holder will be told. The account holder will also be able to get a copy of their profile.
2. Why do I need to transfer a profile?Next Section
Netflix will charge you $7.99/month for each person who uses your account but doesn’t live in the same house. This is based on the IP address. This sneaky method is used to try to get subscribers to kick people who don’t live in their household off of their accounts. Will it happen? We’re not sure. We only know that Netflix will start this soon, and if you don’t want to pay that wild extra fee, you’ll have to turn on profile transfers on Netflix’s website.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be ready to move other people off your account as soon as the service makes that feature fully available. This is an alternative to just changing your password, since a full profile transfer will save the user’s favorite shows, current progress, and history. The user who is being moved will keep all of their Netflix data, except for their payment information.
3. What Is Netflix’s Profile Transfer?Next Section
Netflix says that its Profile Transfer feature is meant to help people who share an account set up their subscriptions without losing all of their Netflix recommendations. So, if someone wants to start a new account, they don’t have to fill out their profile all over again. Some people might say that this is just a new way for Netflix to stop people from sharing passwords and make them pay for their own subscriptions. If you want to know more information about this visit official Netflix support site.
All Netflix members around the world got this new feature in October 2022. Netflix will let you know by email when this feature is ready to use. With Profile Transfer, you can move your Netflix account from one account to another. This means that when you switch from one account to another, you can keep your personalized recommendations, viewing history, My List, saved games, and other settings.