If you want your Amazon Fire Stick to work as well as possible, you need to know how to Update Amazon Fire Stick. By installing the most recent software, you can also get fixes that stop apps from crashing or get rid of features that were added wrongly in older versions. Even though Amazon Fire TV devices automatically install these updates, you can also do a manual install. There are a lot of Fire TV devices out there, and for good reason. If your TV has an HDMI port, you can turn it into a full-fledged smart TV by plugging in an Amazon Fire TV.
People like the Fire TV Stick because it is cheap, easy to use, and does everything a smart TV does. You can do everything on a Fire TV Stick, from downloading apps like Netflix to playing games and setting up DVR through the Kodi app. Amazon often releases new versions of its software. This means that every Fire TV or Fire Stick can work at its best every single day. Even though Amazon updates its devices often, the last big change to the interface was at the end of 2020. With this update, the home screen and other visual parts of the FireStick were changed. We mentioned below are the steps to Update Amazon Fire Stick.
How to update your Fire TV Stick
- Choose the cells where you want the strikethrough to appear. In the above example, we want to cross out the things that have already been bought. They are labeled A2:A5.
- Go to the Styles part of the Home tab. Choose Formatting Based on Conditions.
- Select the New Rule.
- Select Use a formula to figure out how to format the cells.
- In this case, we want to cross out the items that have the word “Yes” in the cell in Column C that matches Column A. So, type in the equation =$C2=”Yes”
- Choose the format. Check the box next to Strikethrough.
- Select OK.
How to Update FireStick to the Latest Version
- Connect your FireStick to your TV and ensure it is powered on.
- Navigate to the home screen of your FireStick by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Go to the top menu and select Settings using the navigation buttons on your remote.
- Scroll to the right and select My Fire TV or Device (depending on your FireStick version).
- Choose the About option.
- Select Check for Updates or Install System Update (the wording may vary depending on your FireStick version).
- Wait for your FireStick to check for updates. If a new update is available, it will start downloading automatically.
- Once the update is downloaded, your FireStick will prompt you to Install the update. Select the Install option.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. Your FireStick will restart once the update is installed.
- After the restart, your FireStick will be updated to the latest version.
Why You Should Update Your FireStick
Why do you update your phone’s apps and your laptop’s operating system? There are a lot of reasons why you should update your FireStick, and all of them are the same as the ones above. More specifically, you should update your FireStick to get rid of bugs, speed up the user interface, stop apps from crashing, keep the device from not responding, and do other things.
Importantly, if you don’t install official Amazon Fire TV updates, you could be putting your security and privacy at risk, on top of the performance problems we just talked about. Long story short, updating your Amazon Fire TV is a good idea because it will make your streaming experience better. Now you know when to update your Amazon Fire TV OS and why you should. Before you update, here’s what you need to know.