How to fix ‘iPhone GPS not working’ issue? Most likely, this is because of a glitch or bug. Restarting your phone, closing the app that’s using GPS by force, or turning on Airplane mode and then turning it off should help. iPhone GPS problems don’t happen as often as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth problems, but some people have said that their GPS was wrong or that the user’s location couldn’t be found.
Most iPhone GPS problems happen right after an iOS update. People started complaining that GPS wasn’t accurate as soon as they updated their software. GPS, or the Global Positioning System, is a very useful tool in the modern world. After all, it can track the real-time location of a person or an object, which makes it easier to find your way. From now on, this feature is built into all new smartphones. But most iPhone users complain about the GPS problem these days. Here are the ways how to fix ‘iPhone GPS not working’ issue.
What is GPS?
Global Positioning System is what GPS stands for. It is a satellite-based navigation system that gives accurate information about location, time, and speed to a GPS receiver anywhere on or near the Earth where it can see four or more GPS satellites. GPS is a very helpful feature on the iPhone because it tells us where we are when we are in places we don’t know. But some users have said that after the update, their iPhone 6s or 6 doesn’t work with GPS. When they open Apple Maps or Google Maps, they are way off. Here, we’ve put together a list of helpful tips to help people fix iPhone 6s GPS not working properly.
Common causes of ‘iPhone GPS not working’ issue
- Location Services: Ensure that Location Services are enabled for your iPhone. You can check this in Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Airplane Mode: Make sure Airplane Mode is turned off, as it disables GPS functionality.
- App Permissions: Some apps may require specific location permissions. Check individual app settings in Settings > Privacy > Location Services to ensure they have access.
- Weak or No GPS Signal: GPS requires a clear view of the sky to function correctly. Being in a location with poor GPS signal or indoors can lead to issues.
- Software Updates: Ensure your iPhone’s operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, GPS issues can be resolved with software updates.
- Reset Location & Privacy Settings: You can try resetting Location & Privacy settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. This will reset all location settings and permissions.
How to fix ‘iPhone GPS not working’ issue
Toggle Airplane Mode
- Click on Settings.
- Go to “Airplane Mode” and flip the switch to “ON.”
- Wait a minute or two, then turn it OFF.
Turn OFF LTE
- First, go to Settings, then Cellular, then Cellular Data Options.
- Switch to “Disable LTE“.
- Wait a few seconds before turning it back on, and then see if this helps.
Reboot your iPhone
- First, hold down the power button and the volume button at the same time until the slider to turn off the device appears on the screen.
- Then, to turn off the phone, drag the slider to the right.
- All you have to do is hold the side/power button and turn the phone on.
- Check to see if this fixed your phone’s GPS or not.
Reset Location & Privacy
- Start by going to Settings and then General.
- Start over.
- Tap “Reset Location & Privacy“.
- The device will ask you if you want to reset it. If you say yes, you should be good to go.
- Check to see if this method solves the problem of the iPhone GPS not working or not.
Ensure location access
- Go to Settings, then Privacy, then Location Services.
- Scroll down to see the apps that need location services. Check to see if the app (like Google Maps) that gives you the most trouble has location services or not.
- If it’s not, just turn it on.
- Check to see if this works.
As many iOS users have noticed, Apple has added new features to the Maps app, such as indoor maps for airports and shopping malls. This is one of the more surprising new features in iOS. At the same time, some users have found that since they updated to iOS, the GPS doesn’t work right, especially on the iPhone 6. This could be because of a bad network connection, a broken GPS on the iPhone, or a system error. In this post, we’ll give you a rundown of all the possible ways to solve this problem. If you want to know more information about this issue so you can visit Apple Official Website.
Questions and Answers
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can’t find your current location. Location Services and Location Access for Maps should be turned on. Tap Privacy and Security in the Settings app, and then tap Location Services. Make sure Location Services is turned on and Maps is set to While Using the App or Widgets.
The cache files and data files that Maps builds up on your device may sometimes be broken. This can be bad for your GPS, and it might start acting strangely. To fix this, you need to delete the cache and data for Maps and see if the problem is still there.
When not enough signals are coming in, the device may have trouble figuring out where it is and may say “GPS signal lost” at times. To fix this, try to put your GPS device somewhere where it can see the sky without being blocked.
Turn off Precise Location to share only a rough idea of your location, which may be enough for an app that doesn’t need your exact location. This is how: Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services. Choose an app, then turn on or off Precise Location.