This article shows you how to Enable or Disable Printing in Application Guard for Edge on Windows 11/10. Microsoft Defender Application Guard is a great feature of the enterprise versions of Windows 11 and 10 that protects users’ computers from attacks by viruses and malware. If this feature is turned on, you can open Edge in a new Application Guard window that protects users’ systems when they go to unsafe or insecure websites. Some of Edge’s features, like print, copy, and paste, are turned off when you use it to browse the internet in an isolated Hyper-V container.
In the Application Guard window for Edge, you have to turn on these features if you want to use them. The Microsoft Defender Application Guard is an important part of Windows Security. This part of Windows Security keeps you safe from online threats when you use Microsoft Edge to browse the web or Microsoft Office to open files that could be harmful. Also, the Microsoft Defender Application Guard can be used in business settings so that an employee’s carelessness while surfing the web doesn’t let a virus into the network. Here are the ways to Enable or Disable Printing in Application Guard for Edge.
Via Windows Settings
- To open the Settings menu, press Win + I on your keyboard. Find out how to open Windows Settings to learn more.
- Click Privacy & security on the left side of the screen.
- Then, on the right, click Windows Security.
- Choose App & browser control on the next page.
- Scroll down until you see “Isolated browsing,” then click the link that says “Change Applications Guard settings.”
- Turn on the switch for Print files in the Application Guard settings.
- To turn this feature off again, just turn the Print files switch off.
- If you see UAC prompts on the screen, click “Yes” to keep going.
Via Registry Editor
- Open the Registry Editor. For more on how to do this, see how to open the Registry Editor.
- When UAC shows up on the screen, click “Yes” to keep going.
- Go to the following path in the Registry Editor window:
- Next, double-click on Enable and Disable Printers in the right pane.
- Set Value data to 1 and click OK to save the changes.
- Now, close the Registry Editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
What is Microsoft Defender Application Guard
Microsoft Defender Application Guard is a security feature in Windows 11 and Windows 10 that helps stop both old and new cyberattacks. This program can be used with Microsoft Office, the old version of Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. In the case of Microsoft Edge, Application Guard runs all websites that aren’t on the IT administrator’s allowlist in a Hyper-V container that creates a virtualized bubble around them. If you want to know more information about this Visit Official Microsoft Support site.
In other words, any URL that isn’t on the whitelist will run in a separate environment. So, if someone tries to break into your session and then try to get into your computer or network, they won’t be able to. This is because the online session would be in a mode where it would work on its own. In the same way, if an employee opens a malicious file in Word, Excel, or any other Office program, it would be cut off from the rest of the network. This would keep the rest of the network safe from threats.