In this article we will show you how to Fix ‘We restrict certain activity’ Instagram Error. Since the 2020 pandemic began, Instagram has been adding new features to the app. First, we got Reels. Then, you could put Tweets right into your story. It looks like Facebook is working hard to make the most of how popular Instagram is right now. As long as you use this platform honestly and stay away from content that conflicts with the rules or breaks them, you should be able to browse here without any problems.
But if Instagram has been sending you too many warnings lately, it might mean you’re doing something wrong. Like all other social media sites, Instagram wants its users to be active on the site, and it won’t tell you if there are a lot more people using it. We can all agree, though, that there is a point beyond which no user can abuse the platform’s features. If you want to know more information about this visit official Instagram support site.
Delete the App and reinstall the latest version
- Instagram and Facebook constantly split test different aspects of their apps on your phone.
- Whenever you download Instagram on your phone, you’re actually downloading several versions of the app simultaneously.
- Facebook makes changes and optimizes the app directly on your phone using these different versions.
- This process is significant because if you encounter issues with your Instagram or Facebook apps, deleting and re-installing the apps from the App Store can often fix the problems when you log in.
Contact the Instagram and Facebook Business pages
- Many people are unaware of this fact: you can contact a real person at Facebook or Instagram by messaging the official Business pages on Facebook.
- If you’re fortunate, you may be directed to a human phone support agent whom you can talk to and explain your issues.
Take a break for a while
- Consider simply staying off of the Instagram app for 24 to 72 hours or so.
- Don’t try to DM, comment, like, save, or anything for a few days… don’t even open the app.
- More often than not, a few days or so off of the app will fix all of your issues.
- Important note: Before you decide to take a break… be sure to do #4 and #5 and let support know that there is an issue.
Clear the cache on your Instagram app
Sometimes, all you have to do to get past an action block is clear the app’s cache, close the app, and open it again. Here’s how to clear your iPhone’s Instagram cache:
- Open your phone’s “Settings” app.
- Tap “General”
- Click on “iPhone Storage”
- Scroll down and click on Instagram. Then click on “Delete App.”
- This will delete everything from your Instagram app’s cache.
Contact the help Instagram center
- Visit Instagram’s official help page.
- Fill out the form provided on the page.
- Explain that you are experiencing issues with your account.
- Specify that you are unable to like, comment, make reels, et cetera (whatever your specific issue is).
- Emphasize that you rely on Instagram / Facebook for your business.
- Highlight that this account issue is directly affecting your revenue and your ability to generate an income.
What is the “We restrict certain activity” error?
This is an error related to spam that is shown to shadowbanned accounts that have been marked as spam. If you’ve been using a lot of bots or third-party apps, or if your Instagram activity has been unusually high, it’s likely that you’ve been marked as spam. When this happens, you won’t be able to do certain things on Instagram, like contact or follow certain people or like certain posts, reels, stories, and more.