This article will show you how to Disable Windows 11’s Data Tracking Features. Your data is a valuable resource in the cutting-edge technological world. After you have given your consent, many businesses use it to give an accurate picture of how you use their goods and services. With Windows 11, Microsoft continues to use data to enhance the operating system and offer more accurate recommendations. But not everything is required.
On Windows 11, you may stop a lot of data collection settings without having your experience suffer. This post will show you how to reduce the amount of data that Microsoft, marketers, and other services collect about you and your machine when using Windows 11. Microsoft has long been known to gather a variety of information about your computer and usage patterns in order to enhance the user experience. If you want to know more information about this visit official Microsoft support site.
With each new operating system version, the business appears to be collecting more data, which continues to worry a lot of people. You should be aware that Microsoft collects your data via Windows 11 telemetry. Data privacy issues are nothing new. There are a number of ways you may turn it off to prevent Microsoft from continuing to gather and log your data if you are uncomfortable with this. Here are the steps how to Disable Windows 11’s Data Tracking Features.
How to Disable Advertising Data Tracking on Windows 11
You should think about disabling the relevant options if you are concerned that third parties may utilize your data or activity patterns for advertising. To disable advertising data collection on Windows 11:
- Launch the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Choose Privacy & security from the side pane, then click the Windows Permissions tab and then the General tab.
- By using the toggle option, all global preferences can be disabled.
How to Disable Activity Tracking on Windows 11
Windows 11’s dubious Activity History feature raises many privacy issues. Microsoft claims that the function enables users to monitor their behavior on Windows 11 devices. This involves keeping track of the most recent files, apps, services, webpages, and websites that users have used or visited. Your data is sent to Microsoft if your PC is logged in with a Microsoft account; otherwise, your activity history is only saved locally on your device. Your activity history is used to customize Windows and make suggestions that are pertinent to you. Your activity history is used by Microsoft Edge and the Windows 11 Timeline. To stop Windows 11 from recording your activity history:
- Utilize the Start menu to open the Settings app.
- Open Settings and select Privacy & security.
- Select Activity history from the list of Windows permissions.
- Disable the option to “Store my activity history on this device” by selecting the Activity history tab.
- Additionally, we advise selecting the option to delete this account’s activity history.
- Go to Settings > Privacy & security > Diagnostics & feedback in a similar manner.
- To prevent Microsoft from using your diagnostic data for advertisements, individualized advice, and suggestions, disable the Tailored experiences option.
- Through the Delete diagnostic data option, you may also remove current diagnostic data.
How to Stop Microsoft Edge Data Collection on Windows 11
One of the best browsers available is Microsoft Edge, and it values your privacy greatly. You can customize a number of privacy-related features to your preferences and comfort level. Microsoft Edge tracking can be turned off here:
- Start Microsoft Edge by selecting it from the Taskbar or Start menu.
- By clicking on the three dots menu icon in the top right corner, select Settings from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Choose Privacy, Search, and Services from the side menu.
- Enable tracking prevention and choose the level of tracking you want to permit when surfing.
How to Delete Activity Tracking Data from Microsoft Account
You might still need to download data from your Microsoft cloud account even after you disable and delete Activity history on your Windows 11 device. To delete activity monitoring information from your associated Microsoft account, follow these steps:
- Enter your Microsoft account information and carry out any two-factor authentication that the website requires.
- Choose Privacy and then Privacy dashboard from your dashboard.
- You should notice a number of groups, including Location activity, Browsing history, Search history, App and service activity, under the Manage your activity data section.
- Select each tab individually, then hit Clear All.
- For instance, we can choose the App and service activity tab, then click Clear all app and service activity to get rid of the 2,323 instances of app and service-related activity that the aforementioned Microsoft account has recorded.
- Choose Clear from the pop-up menu and the frequency at which you want Microsoft to automatically clear the specified data.
- To get a better idea of how much data Microsoft has gathered, you can also opt to Download your data.
What is Windows Telemetry?
Telemetry is a computerized procedure that gathers data from a distant source (your PC) and sends it back to Microsoft. The business uses the data gathered to track and enhance the operating system. The business also uses the data to boost security and better user experience generally. Although submitting usage data to Microsoft sounds excellent, it opens the door for the anonymized data to be shared with outside parties. Use the instructions below to stop Windows from automatically sending telemetry and other diagnostic data to Microsoft if you have any concerns.